Rio Red Metallic

Thanks suzshe, it's good to finally see the colour on a car.

It looks good to me, I'm really looking forward to seeing mine now.

Hi Spacenase, your build date is two weeks ahead of mine, you must be about to take delivery!

Hi Spacenase, your build date is two weeks ahead of mine, you must be about to take delivery!

Yeah, I should be signing the paperwork tomorrow and hoping to pick it up next Saturday. I've been in hospital for a couple of weeks, so I've not been able to get to the dealer and see it (so frustrating!)

I'm going to try and get the sales guy to bring some pictures with him tomorrow.

Just found these two pictures. I'm not sure I like it. Doesn't look like the sample I have in post 63....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1609406/SkodaOctaviaCombiRioRed.pdf

Silly question......but why are they jacking a new car up?

If they need to inspect the underside they put it on a ramp or over a pit, surely?

Silly question......but why are they jacking a new car up?

If they need to inspect the underside they put it on a ramp or over a pit, surely?

Looks like they've removed the rear bumper to fit the tow bar.

Thats a Rapid lift back. :) Unless I couldn't see the Octy pics, looks deeper.... quite a serious colour than something fun. Thought it would be more fiery than that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Spacenase,

How is your car? Mine arrived at the Dealers on Monday, I'm going for a look tomorrow morning - really hoping it's the right colour choice! Photos seem to vary wildly, depending on the position of the sun, so it's really difficult to see what the colour truly is.

I picked it up on Saturday, but due to an illness I haven't driven it much yet. I think the Rio Red works well on the mainstream trims and doesn't need the chrome window surrounds. I personally think that it is probably not bold enough for how I'd want a VRS to look though.

I like the look of the car inside and out and it drives really well. The only personal issue is that the ride is a bit firmer than I prefer, but I'll get used to it.

On the whole, I'm really happy with my choice.

Fatfudgecat - I hope you're happy with your car when you see it tomorrow.

Edited by spacenase

Hi Spacenase,

Very pleased indeed - it's quite subtle on the VRS but following the Rallye Green a bit of subtlety might not be a bad thing! It is a diesel estate with the Gemini alloys, sunset glass, and black pack (exterior options - there are also one or two interior ones) and I'll post some pictures after delivery, probably the following weekend. I'm picking it up on the 19th at 4:30PM...

And did it come with the Heated Front Screen after all?  If so, which is your Dealer in West Lothian?   We're often in the Edinburgh area, and, if he can work some magic on the configurator for that option on a TSi, I might give him our order!

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go, hope you like it - I have several pictures but can't upload them as Briskoda says that they are too big...not sure how to get around this problem.

Rio Red VRS Estate with:

Winter Pack

Black Pack

Colour Maxi Dot

Cruise Control

Variable Boot Floor

Spare Wheel

post-106713-0-05994500-1385150916_thumb.jpg