Monte Carlo Estate Tech Sat Nav unit

Does anyone know if the Monte Carlo Tech estate has the  Amundsen basic unit or the Amundsen unit with the DAB . Have asked Skoda UK customer services and they have just called to say they haven't found out yet. Anyone know something that Skoda UK don't know.  Please don't all answer that you will take the server down ha ha, just the answer about the DAB module will be sufficient thanks.

You know what i never even thought to ask that as i just assumed it would come with normal am/fm but wouldnt it be lovely if DAB was included, actually i think i'd wet myself as i cant stand my local Radio Pembrokeshire & Radio 1 is rubbish n'all so a bit of Kerang or absolute radio 90's in the car would be a god send.

but looking elsewhere on this site it doesnt look likely that we'll get it, here's the link to the superb section:-

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/206248-dab-for-amundsen/

Please update when you find out though.

cheers

fras

Edited by Noggythenog

The amundsen in the monte tech hatch doesn't have DAB

Thanks Mr  Stevo,

i do believe you said yur maw has one, have you had a spin yet  & out of interest 1 strange question - did it have a black roof lining???

cheers

fras

Edited by Noggythenog

ha ha Hansel & gretel food lined car!!!

cheers stevo, i recently read somewhere that the Monty would have black roof lining & other black....er...bits to create a certain abience so that sounds pretty smart, i cant wait!

Skoda customer services telephoned my son and told him that the new Monte Carlo Tech estate does have the DAB module included. Apparently they issued a bulletin to dealers recently stating this.

Just looked at the new Fabia brochure. Says amunsden sat nav with DAB

Amundsen’ satellite navigation system withDAB radio inc.
maps for Western Europe PNA +QV3 - - £520.83* £625* £520.83 £625 £520.83 £625
  • Like 1

Just looked at the new Fabia brochure. Says amunsden sat nav with DAB

Amundsen’ satellite navigation system withDAB radio inc.

maps for Western Europe PNA +QV3 - - £520.83* £625* £520.83 £625 £520.83 £625

I can see this in the brochure in the optional factory fitted extras section.

But on the Monte spec page the only mention of anything radio related is the "roof aerial with second antenna in windscreen for FM2 signal"

So could it be the case that we might still have to get a different antenna for DAB & have someone connect it up via the back of the unit.

I'll find out in september one way or another.

Anyone else getting theres any sooner than that???

I have the Monte Tech hatch and when I spoke to John at Skoda UK customer service, he checked about the DAB on the Admundsen sat nav with the technical guys and they said it can't be activated on the Tech.

It may be they've fitted an updated or upgraded Amundsen in the Tech estate but if they haven't then you won't have DAB.

The Amundsen without DAB doesn't have the fitting on the back of the head unit to take the DAB aerial I'm led to believe,

Hope this helps.

If the Amundsen+ comes with DAB then I got it as standard with my tech hatch. There is something about the broadcasting though that means I can't pick I it up in this country. Something about DAB 2 isn't broadcast in this country?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You're right, it does come with the ability to receive DAB, just not UK DAB.

It needs a module to be able to receive the DAB broadcast in the UK.

The MY2014 Amundsen+ comes with the module so can receive DAB now but can't be retro activated on the Tech.

Maybe there's a techno whizz out there who knows how to do it.

If so, share your knowledge with us 'Techies' please!!

DAB is an option on factory order Fabias and costs £90 on top of the price for the Amundsen and all the bits that you have to order with it (you can only get it on the Amundsen unit in a Fabia) If the unit fitted to your car has a DAB unit in it it will have a black FAKRA connector on top left corner on the back of the unit. If it's there then there is every chance that it can receive DAB once a suitable aerial has been connected. If the head-unit does not have the black FAKRA connector then there is no DAB unit in it The stereo units are modular because in some other countries such as America they do not have DAB but use satellite radio and can have a satellite radio receiver in place of DAB (Green FAKRA)

It is very quick and simple to remove the head unit in a Fabia so that you can look at the back -pull the bezel off with your fingers and then remove the 4 torx screws and slide it out - it should take less than 1 minute. Put a cloth over the gear stick so that you do not scratch it with any sharp metal from the head unit.

If you don't have  a DAB receiver you can always have a look out on eBay for a VW RNS315 with DAB (it's the same unit) with red lights behind the buttons.

• Like 1

Cheers Greenstripe

If it did have the said black FAKRA connector, is it a case of just connecting a DAB aerial or would some sort of software activation have to be done as well.

If the option's there it's probably hidden in one of the setup menus accessed by pressing and holding one of the buttons -I wouldn't know which on Amundsen -I've never played around with one that much.