LED Drl & Reverse Lamps

Muhahaha,

I can confirm that these expensive little darlings work in the DRL's and Reverse lamps with no issues  :party:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281136398265?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

If anyone wants a pic let me know as they are rather bright as well  :giggle:

Currently got them in the DRL's as didn't want to buy 2 sets in case they didn't work, however can't make my mind up now to stick with white or have Amber as DRL's  :think:

Nick

When it freezes and car stand over the weekend, so that the same error messages, I have the same as you..

• 2 weeks later...
Light output is measured in lumens not watts - so you dont have 20 watts of light.

That's definitely true but due to the fairly "new" (or raising..) led technology this "Watt" thing is used to compare standard halogen bulbs to LED.

Even the manufacturers of lamps like Philips or Osram are using this "Watt comparison". It's like sayin "with this 5W LED you have the same light of a 50W halogen".

As you can see here, for example http://www.svetila.com/images/led.pharatom-e27-box.jpg

I saw some of your posts and seems you're really (over)scared about the thermal thing on LEDs. This might a problem with crappy chinese led like THESE but believe me when I say that If the housing is good built like these lamps from BIG Nick (that I just bought.. and they are not cheap..) then you don't have problem (otherway you'll have problem with your LED Tv, your LED Torch, your LED lamps in the kitchen and everywhere..).

Generally speaking, LEDs can produce about 10x the lumen output of a normal halogen lamp with the same incoming power.

The standard DRL halogen lamp in an Octavia is a 21W. Not too hard to dissipate 15W of power with resistor and give the remaining 6W to the LEDs for example.

These leds posted from BigNick are completely safe and I believe they'll last for years, so I think it's totally unnecessary to scare other people who might want to buy these...

"These leds posted from BigNick are completely safe and I believe they'll last for years, so I think it's totally unnecessary to scare other people who might want to buy these..."

Thats all very well you saying that but this http://www.atomcentral.com/atomic-explosions.aspx#!prettyPhoto/1/ was a result of using LEDs........

(that was xpower using his rear LEDs for the first time)

Edited by CmB