fun... how to remove............

just bought a FUN........

the body work around the rear shocks has rusted away (pretty normal i believe).. but only in the bed, under the arches is fine

i am trying to get ready to weld this up, but can not work out how on earth you remove the black, plastic, lockable  box thingys in the bed,just behing the rear bulk head (where the rear seats pull out)

i have taken out the riveted bracket, but it is still fixed somewhere

(i have removed the bits that the seats lock into)

any ideas please chaps

cheers...............Keith

• Like 1

The normal trick is to use a length of fishing wire and kind of saw it through.

.....or a guitar string, preferably a round-wound one,

all off.............

combination of easing them and using an extra long, narrow knife (from when i was in Nam..................................BirmingNam  :giggle: )

all ready for welding and MOT now

thanks fellas

PALM COURT HOTEL

• Like 1

hi guys does anyone know if you can change the water pump on a 1.6 fun without removing the timing belt

thanks

No the pump is belt driven. Did mine back around the autumn of last year at 105k.

If it needs a belt makes sense to do both. :happy:

im hoping it just needs a water pump as the temp gauge goes right to the red. :sweat:

There's a few other culprits that may also need to be considered in this case!

It would be useful to have a little more background into this issue, which may give rise to some useful clues/pointers before advising further?

Rob ;)

im going to try the fan switch as the fan doesn't kick in until the temp is right up. so im thinking its got the wrong one in

Hi, if idling or in slow moving traffic my temp picks up fairly quickly with the fan cutting in accordingly at around the 2/3rd point on the gauge.

Another issue they tend to suffer from is a defective thermostat/casing & in some cases it remains shut causing the resultant temp issues (easy to change if defective).