Problem: Key won't turn fully / No Ignition

Hi all,

OK this time it's a problem, not just me fretting! Been driving around for 2 days very happily now, no problems. But today I brought the car home, parked up and got out, thought I should move a little forward so got back in and this time the key just wouldn't turn in the lock (of the ignition). It's as if there was resistance, even though I had the clutch fully pressed down. I got the mileage numbers pop up but nothing else on the dash. No engine sounds, no whirring.

Tried spare key, same issue. Electronic lock/unlock works fine. Unfortunately just out of warranty, but luckily I got home before this started! (Neighbour not gonna be happy, stuck half in front of his drive now!)

Edit: it seems to be similar to this person, although I can't find a solution: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22/33617519-skoda-fabia-ignition.html

Edit 2: this might be it? http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/150213-fabia-12-possible-ignition-switch-problem/ Again, not a solution I can see?

Edited by student91

Hopefully just the Steering lock.

To just get the steering lock off and before starting the car no need to press the clutch or such like,

get the key turned before turning on the ignition to start the car.

I take it, thats 'out of Manufacturers Warranty',

but you have some Dealers Warranty, unless you bought it Private.

george

IT WAS THE STEERING LOCK.

(Either that or it just decided to work now. Although the wheel was indeed locked.)

Thanks so much guys, what a relief. (New driver's disclaimer  :happy: )