Navigation map updates

I am told by my dealer that I can get 3 updates, one per year, for my Columbus Navigation in my new Octavia that will be built in week 38.

He tells me that the maps are updated once per year in week 45 and that I can come in to the dealer workshop 1 time per year in 3 years for the free updates.

But when I search the Skoda web sites (for example http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/experience/service/maps-updating) it says that most recent update is from June 2013 and the next update will be available in November 2013. In other words much more often than once a year. Plus the fact that the maps seems free to download and there is an instruction of how to update the maps yourself.

Does anyone have more information about this? Is it 3 times or 3 years of free updates?

I tried for fun to download the maps and it was just a click away. No login or verification that I really am entitled to a update or anything similar. It feels a bit strange to me .

I was told that there would be free updates for 3 years, no restrictions on number of updates pr year. Also found the update page you refered to, and yes, it does seem an "open" download...

I am quite keen on these updates, as the maps in one of the demo car I drowe lacked the new main highway going towards Oslo from where I am (the E18).

I downloaded the update for mine -it was totally unlocked and unrestricted but a huge 17gb download. After all that and putting it in the car I found it to be exactly the same version as the firmware already installed  :rofl:

• Like 1