Passenger side leak

Car is parked facing downhill.

Gets a fair sized puddle in the passenger floor well when left overnight in the rain.

Fortunatley the car was supplied with the Skoda rubber mats which are excellent at catching the water.

Cant get any trace of a leak using a hose left on for ages.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this.

If you have a sun roof check the drain holes are clear, I had this once on a car and it drove me and the dealer nuts for quite a while.

John

There were some reports from Germany that this was due to a bad weld; the dealer found it after removing the floor on that side and following the path of the water as they soaked the car from outside. Hope it isn't so serious for you.

Hi,

This could be an internal 'leak' resulting from the air con unit drainage being blocked and the condensed water (which you normally see in a pool under the car when you park) finding it's way into the footwell through the footwell air vents.

Had the same problem on my old Superb, except in that case the water appeared in rear passenger footwell (probably because I parked on a slope). Have also seen reported as a problem with the VW Passat.

Hope this helps.

Mine went back into dealers because passenger side carpet was pi$$ed through, apparently it was caused by failed sealant where one of the aircon pipes comes through the bulkhead, water was hitting the pipe, running down it and into the passenger footwell

Thanks for the replies, given me some pointers.

Door seals look OK

I cant spot any dampness under or around the dash anywhere so Ill throw it back at the dealer to let him sort out.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has started doing this over the last week, as a result of the hot weather. When I looked at the pollen filter housing under the glove box it was peeing through when the air con was running. I have booked it into Horners to have them sort it.

I don't think its the air con thing as it only happens when the car is parked up in the rain facing downhill.

Another thing to get checked out at the first service

Just a quick update on this subject, I found this today on an Octavia. The a/c drain pipe is twisted around kinking the pipe. This stops the water draining out and it backs up until it leaks out of the pollen filter housing (which is inside on the Octy2)

Does it happen often, or is it only the once????? I ask, because I had something similar, but the cause was the passenger door not being properly shut (SWMBO) before it rained: amazing the amount of water which comes in, but the seals stop the alarm from going off.............. ??????????? :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

Briwy,

Did you cure the leak? I have exactly the same problem. I can see the water leaking in across the inner plastic door sill/frame. It is near the front of the bottom edge of the door. I am unable to return the car to dealer for a couple of weeks so I was hoping you may know the fix if there is one?

Graham

• 11 months later...

Yes, any updates? I am now having a similar problem where I have a leak in the passenger foot well coming from behind the glove box. Conditions when it happened...

On holiday 2 weeks.

Come back, and put aircon on to flush it thru (apparently recomended once a week) - no probs.

Put heaters on and drove 15 mile. - no probs.

Two days later drove about 3 mile, heaters on full and it was raining hard.

Got out and went into B&Q for 45mins. - no probs

Went back to car, heaters on full, wipers on, demisters on- no visible problem

Turned right at traffic lights under abit of acceleration :D and my mother noticed that water was peeing into the footwell. - PROBLEM

So, I checked the engine water and it was spot on right. But the windscreen washer looked empty. But, the water in the car did not smell of washer fluid. Anyway, looked at my watched and realised that it was almost 4, closing time of the garage where I bought the car so I drove like a man possesed and made it intime to leave it with them.

After a call this morning they said that it could be:

Heating matrix

Aircon

Hose

Washer Fluid

OR MOST LIKELY Pollen filter cloged with leaves. (The bit between the two wipers there is a hole - in there).

Hopefully should be a quick fix anyway and will post as soon as I hear word of the cause and price to fix it.

Mike

• 3 years later...

Hi Mike (or anyone else), I was wondering if the garage discovered what the problem was in the end? I have a Skoda Fabia and there was heavy rain tonight when driving car water was gushing onto the floor of the passenger footwell. When we turned a corner more water came in. The floor is soaked. Any ideas how the water is getting in? We did have the pollen filter removed a while ago - would this have anything to do with it?

Thanks so much.