Both 83w and 87w tyres on car confusion

I am just getting a new spare tyre for my fabia, and was looking at the ones on my car, and the fronts appear to be 87w and the rears 83w. Should I have both types on my car? are they the right way round? (ie 87w on the front and 83w on the back) I bought the wheels and tyres fitted new originally, and put them on myself and never noticed the two different weights when I put them on so it was lucky I got them both paired up.

The car has alloys, and my spare will be a standard steel wheel

What should I go for as a spare? 83w or 87w?

Thanks

Damon

I have Load rated 87 w on the front and 83 w on the rear.

I have 2 X 83  w spares on alloys when i carry any.

If you have a Skoda spare it might be a different size tyre and 85 'H' load/speed rated,

so you would fit it and drive carefully until you got the main tyre re fitted after repair or replace,

just like you would with a space saver.

Be as well to get a matching 87 W.

george

EDIT.

Having 2 different pairs of tyres on and wanting a matching a spare is like when you have Directional tyres on.

there is a 50/50 chance of having the correct tyre available if you have only one spare..

I'm assuming you have 205/45 R16's with the load rating stated.

Sounds if you may have original factory tyres on the rear and later replacements on the front

however the latest Skoda recommendation is 205/45 R16 83H

http://www.skoda.de/download.php?id=649

Skoda Germany publish such things, unlike Skoda UK who don't/cannot be bothered to.

TP

Oh standard factory spare tends to be a steel 15" rim with a 195/55 R15 85H tyre fitted but it sounds if your after a full size spare :wonder: