1979 Skoda Estelle Project

RapidRapid

Hi Rob, yes it is a 120LS, registered 1-10-1979 so coming up to it's 34th birthday. Plans are to replace all rotten bodywork etc, and get it back on the road. 

Well the Estelle was delivered first thing Sunday morning, and since then, in between rain showers and work, i've had a check over to see what i've taken on, and so far things are looking promising.

This is the O/S/F wing,

DSC00006A-1.jpg

DSC00007A.jpg

There is quite a lot of rust here, with a big hole, and a lot of bubbling along the top edge, as well as bubbling under the white section in front of the wheel arch. The wing will be removed soon to investigate what horrors hide behind it. 

The O/S sill is fairly solid apart from at the rear where there is a large hole.

DSC00009A.jpg

It looks like there is quite a bit of corrosion to the inner sill as well, so the outer will be cut off to investigate, followed by repair and complete sill replacement. 

I've also removed the rather manky seats and carpets, and was surprised to find the floorpans are solid. 

DSC00024-2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Er, you might want to check the date of the last post?

Well aware of the date of the last post, but does that mean this project is no longer? and that the owner isnt on here anymore????

I was simply posting a comment on the project, thinking perhaps there would be an update at some point and that Id be interested to see it!

• 5 months later...

The thread is not dead, the car is not dead. It has been tucked away in the garage whilst I acquire the parts for it, and work will be commencing over the winter months

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes floor does look in good nick. Guess your P plates and tops of the inner wings might be a bit iffy given the poor state of the front wings. Looks good though and great that it's being saved!

Hi, hope you don't mind me asking, but what spark plugs do you use ?  A couple of car parts websites say it uses NGK BP6HS plugs, but mine has BP7EFS ones fitted. The 7's are longer & protrude into the cylinder more. The 6's though have a bigger hexagonal nut & are tight against the engine block, so I can't get the spanner around to tighten. I haven't had the car long & am keen to get it right. It does seem to run ok on 7's, so far anyway. Cheers.