Car not turning over?

wenzel

i have a 55 Plate Fabia vrs and i am now starting to have a couple of problems,

firstly i drove the car home from work ( about 5 miles ) absolutely fine no problems what so ever,

parked it up at the GF's went out an hour later, car wouldn't even turn over it made the squishing noise but didnt even try turn over,

Gf's dad then charged it up for me and battery was  tested and it was holding the voltage, took it for a quick run so hopefully alternator would charge the battery back up, got back to GF's turned engine off and tried to start it after a couple of mins and once again it wouldn't start,

anybody had any similar problems to this?

cheers in advance!

Wenz

Edited by wenzel

Sounds like a duff battery or alternator to me...

When you took it for a drive, did you have radio - Air con etc on?

No mate, i even took the interior lights out aswell!

Sounds like battery to me too.  Enough charge for a short time, and enough for the small voltage to squirt the fuel pump, but it needs a lot of power to crank the engine, so this is why it isn't doing that.  As it doesn't seem to be accepting charge either, this also points to battery.

I had my battery die on my old car. This was after 30miles of driving, and went to fill up with fuel. I had to push it off the forecourt.

Electric windows didn't work, and also the dash was blank, with no clock or anything.