Dodgy dealer practice advice.

Apologies because this is a long story...

I bought a used car 18 month old from a dealer last September. At the time I purchased 2 services and an mot package for 349. I tried to book my car in at a different dealer, only to be told there's no record of my service package on my file.

2 weeks ago I contacted the supplying dealer who said they'd investigate. Many calls later and no answers given, I popped in today to find out wtf is going on. They said it was inputted wrong and I need to get it serviced ant mot'd at the supplying dealer only. I told them to change it and they say they can't. I asked for arefund but I was told to rreturn tomorrow because accounts abd the general manager weren't in today and they need to authorise the refund.

Now the complicated bit. On my order form I never thought of it at the time but they put the package down as 290 (the pre vat price) ib the "accessories to be fitted" bit, but on the rhs of the form the price of car is just down as 8854. (8495 for car plus 349 for service package) but no mention of the separate prices. I'm worried they may try to refund the pre vat cost only of 290 because the costs weren't seperated on the price bit. Nowhere does it show the figurw of 349 that I paid.

I don't want them to touch this car as twice in the past they bodged repairs and were shoddy.

A rival dealer says he thinks they put it on their system as in house rather than the national servicing deal I paid for. I worry cos my order doesn't break down car cost and service package cost, just one figure. The only servicing cost was 290 but doesn't say pre vat . They did add 349 to the price though. Now I have all tgis hassle and only 18 days to the service is required :-(

If you are talking about an Approved Skoda Service Package at a Skoda Dealer then call Skoda UK Customer Services & ask them about

the behaviour of one of their Official Dealerships.

If some other set up, best read closely all the Terms & Conditions & Small Print that you signed and accepted.

Do that also if its a Manufacturer Accepted Scheme.

If you have been conned then contact Trading Standards and run in past them.

You and they entered into a Contract, or possibly a Financial Binding Agreement, T&C should be clear enough.

VAT is not theirs it is collected for the HMRC, so if they operate a con of VAT thats illegal.

If you are due a refund you are due a refund including the VAT, and thats for them to sort out.

You know how much the Used car was, and it had no VAT on it, & you know how much the Service Deal was that had VAT on it.

george 

I never received any paperwork about the plan at all. Just what was written on the order form as described above. I paid for the skoda national one and tge salesman went as far as to say I could get it serviced at a seat or vw dealer if I preferred.

My car was 8495 inc vat. SP was 349 inc vat. Added together it's 8844 ibc vat but in the lhs of the page it lists under "accessories to be fitted" section "2 year service plan and 1st mot" 290.83.

I never received any paperwork about the plan at all. Just what was written on the order form as described above. I paid for the skoda national one and tge salesman went as far as to say I could get it serviced at a seat or vw dealer if I preferred.

What does the service plan include, possibly not much.

Why not just have the work done by them, if there is no refund coming your way.?

*Or run your story passed Skoda UK Customer Services, and see what they say about what you were sold.*

Service, 2 x Oil & Filter. & 1 MOT. (or there was another option if no MOT required.)

Brake Fluid *If Required*

Air & Fuel Filter *If Required* 

Pollen Filter *if Required*

I have a couple of Brochures from 2-3 years ago showing what the offer was, i will try to find them.

george

It was the 40k and 50k services and an mot. I dont want them to touch it because this is my 3rd skoda. 1st went to them for athe passenger side electric mirror switch that broke. They removed the broken switch and blanked off the gap. Not replaced it. On my last car I had an amber oil sensor warning saying take it to a workshop. They simply removed the oil temperature readercfrom the maxidot to hide whatever problem there was. They sorted it after returning the car to sortcit properly but I don't trust them.

http://skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/SKODA_servicing_Q1.pdf

(Terms and Conditions are all there if that is what you paid for.)

Sorry to hear that, surprised you went and bought another car from them.

it is a pity that you never went through the ins and out of the Service Deal and if 

it was available for you to have it done at any Skoda Dealership.

If you believe that was what you were sold then put in writing to them asking for the full refund, 

Tell them you accept Cash Money from their Petty Cash until they can sort out their 'In House Accounting'.

or just get onto Skoda or Trading Standards or what ever.

Let Skoda UK know about their 'In House deal', rather than Inputting the 'National Deal'.

george

• 2 weeks later...

http://skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/SKODA_servicing_Q1.pdf

(Terms and Conditions are all there if that is what you paid for.)

Sorry to hear that, surprised you went and bought another car from them.

george

My 2 previous new skodas were bought from Claybank in Eccles. A 1.4 tdi and 1.2 tsi. After 1 year of the tsi I wanted a diesel again. The best priced and specced car I found was from Lightcliffe in Warrington do this was my 1st buying experience with them. NEVER AGAIN.

Anyway, to round off my 2 threads I finally got a refund from lightcliffe on monday, checked yesterday and the cash was in my bank. Visited Claybank and ten mins later I had paperwork naming 2 services and 1 mot. Also i was told due to my cars mileage I will recieve the brake fluid, fuel filter and air+pollen filters over the course of the plan and had my car booked in with them, inc a courtesy car, and my minor warranty niggles noted down to repair at the same time.

Ten minutes to do what Lightcliffe couldn't do in 5 weeks. Top marks Claybank :-)

jaxx007 - so glad to hear you have sorted all this out and sorry you have been through it! Skoda gets great reviews these days for cars and dealers - both are important. Please pass on your horror story to Skoda UK and sorry again about your experience.