Octavia III Estate SE 2L DTI CR 4x4

My 2.0 4x4 SE estate (Steel Grey) is at Tyne Dock, heading to my dealer in Grimsby within the next 7-10 days.  If no-one gets there first, I'll post some pics when I see my car.

• Like 1

Ironic that I'm waiting for mine to get to Grimsby - from Tyne Dock!

Hope you get yours soon! Have driven mine the second day now, great. One thing I did notice though..After I took the car back from the dealer to work after lunch I realised the back only has "Skoda" on the left and "octavia" on the right. No sign of "4x4" as I have seen so many times in photos from car reviews. If there wasn't a 4x4 marked on the gear knob, you simply wouldn't know it's a 4x4. I quick call did confirm it was indeed a 4x4 ... phew!

In some way, it is quite nice. More discreet and one  thing less to catch the rags when you wash the car!

Hope you get yours soon! Have driven mine the second day now, great. One thing I did notice though..After I took the car back from the dealer to work after lunch I realised the back only has "Skoda" on the left and "octavia" on the right. No sign of "4x4" as I have seen so many times in photos from car reviews. If there wasn't a 4x4 marked on the gear knob, you simply wouldn't know it's a 4x4. I quick call did confirm it was indeed a 4x4 ... phew!

In some way, it is quite nice. More discreet and one  thing less to catch the rags when you wash the car!

post-106900-0-25225500-1378406784_thumb.jpg

Edited by ssfan

Looks fantastic!

I'd be interested to know how it performs mpg wise -  I was considering this exact spec myself, but have been rather put off by the official consumption figures (assuming the real world figures will be somewhat  lower).

Otherwise, the 4x4 seems a bargain - the latest Haldex and the superior rear suspension, for what seems to be a very reasonable additional cost.

Anyway - enjoy!

I'm interested to know how it does MPG-wise, although it can't be anything like as bad as my former Freelander, which was between 27 - 32mpg!

Once I have settled in to a preferred mode (most probably Sport the way it is going), I will do a fill to fill mpg. So watch this space! In the meantime, a couple more pics to share! And by the way, the handling and comfort are excellent!!

post-106900-0-80067900-1378423618_thumb.jpg

post-106900-0-08056700-1378423620_thumb.jpg

May I ask where you bought it from ?

I asked Allams in Epson about the 4x4 and they said not available to order until the end of the year... I have emailed them the exact spec I want from the car configurator and no reply to that or a voice mail, so I guess they simply do not want my business.

Anybody recommend a dealer in / around Surrey where I could buy a 4x4 ?

Cheers

May I ask where you bought it from ?I asked Allams in Epson about the 4x4 and they said not available to order until the end of the year... I have emailed them the exact spec I want from the car configurator and no reply to that or a voice mail, so I guess they simply do not want my business.Anybody recommend a dealer in / around Surrey where I could buy a 4x4 ?Cheers

I ordered my VRS from Mike Don Carolis at Colbournes Skoda Guildford. He was very helpful and discussed all the options with me. There was no hard sell and he has kept me up to date via email so far.

The other people to contact if you don't mind travelling a bit further would be Preston motors who are a site sponsor on here and I have heard good things about them, although I've not dealt with them personally.

Are you kidding!? :giggle:

I couldn't get past the huge Gordon Lamb sticker in the back window.

That would be my first mod - removal!

Funny that! Front right sticker and back window stick were the first things got discarded. What were they thinking?

• Like 1