Skoda Octavia TDI 06 Plate Parrot Fitting (HELP)

Hi all, new to the forum,

I need some help with regards to installing a parrot CK3100 BT kit. I used to be a audio fitter so know a fair bit but I cant remember ever doing a Octavia, 

I have removed the stereo, and started installation. 

I cannot work out how to remove the lower dash board underneath the steering wheel, any ideas? I have removed the two screw facing the seat and the screw behind the side panel but still wont budge, is it easy to remove the light switch panels? i would think there is a screw behind that but before i got ripping them off i would like to know if they are there. 

Also if anyone has previously fitted a parrot into a Octavia then you will know there is a big bunch of wires and also boxes, what side of the dash would you suggest storing them? i used to do drivers side as it is easier to access.

If anyone know of a walk through of some sort i would appreciate it. 

Thanks to all 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I would really appreciate some help too, as my Parrot CK3100 and SOT lead arrived today. I have fitted CK3100s in an old Golf and a Mondeo, but am a bit wary about messing with a CAN-BUS car like this one. Mine's an 06 TDI too. 

There's a diagram on the Parrot website that refers to the CAN+ and CAN- connections - i am a bit unsure about what these are. 

Also, where's the best place to get power from?

Cheers in advance. 

If you give the forum a good search by just typing parrot im sure there are plenty of post which may include other models.....Alot of people on here get the inbuilt kit sorted with the MFSW and bolero head unit and maxidot.....Either way someone, somewhere on here will surely know....:)

piggy back off a switch live fuse like washer jets as that is what I did. 

As said above you need to remove the trim along the dash and quite possibly the headlight switch (don't quote me on that) but that is easy as you push it in and twist clockwise and it pops out. 

I stored all my wires, taped together behind the climate control as there is loads of room and it's just under the stereo. Hopefully that will get you started 

I have the original radio fitted in with the parrot. I had to get an ISO adaptor, and it takes the power from that. With that connector it is plug and play. There is not much space behind the radio for the controller box etc, and I believe most people put them under the glove box. I didn,t do that, (glovebox is too awkward to remove on your own methinks). I then needed to remove the trim just to put the microphone on the pillar at the drivers side. Works a treat.

One word of caution, when you try to update the software when its in the car, I had to get a laptop with windows vista on it. The update would not work with windows7. Might be fixed now though, as that was a few months ago.

I have the original radio fitted in with the parrot. I had to get an ISO adaptor, and it takes the power from that. With that connector it is plug and play. There is not much space behind the radio for the controller box etc, and I believe most people put them under the glove box. I didn,t do that, (glovebox is too awkward to remove on your own methinks). I then needed to remove the trim just to put the microphone on the pillar at the drivers side. Works a treat.

One word of caution, when you try to update the software when its in the car, I had to get a laptop with windows vista on it. The update would not work with windows7. Might be fixed now though, as that was a few months ago.

But there isn't a switched live going into the HU? It's controlled by CAN.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I had to run an ignition switched feed from the fuse box for mine. I didn't take the whole trim off under the steering wheel, just loosened it enough to make room to run the cable for that and the microphone along. I did remove the plastic insert on the left of the steering wheel as that is where I have the display cable coming out. To make room for all the adaptor cabling at the back of the radio, I cut the divider between the head unit and climate controls and put the parrot box and cabling behind that. I've done a half dozen installs in various vehicles and I do have to say the Octavia II was the worst.

But there isn't a switched live going into the HU? It's controlled by CAN.

you can get a switched live from it if the connection kit has the right bits on it. I've not run a switched live to my headunit, just using the correct iso adaptor which incorporates a switched live via the oem loom. Basically it reads the can system to find when its switched on

you can get a switched live from it if the connection kit has the right bits on it. I've not run a switched live to my headunit, just using the correct iso adaptor which incorporates a switched live via the oem loom. Basically it reads the can system to find when its switched on

That's handy, I didn't come across anything like that when I looking for mine. Got a link?

Got the parrot CK3100 in the car - thanks for all the advice. I agree there's no room for it, mine's behind the carpety stuff near the passenger's right leg. 

Does anyone know the connections that need to be made to allow the in-call volume to be adjusted via the headunit? The one in my   old  Passat was wired that way and was a good feature. There are 'tel' connections on the back of the headunit but looks like I need a special plug as nothing in there at the moment and not sure what of the Parrot's loom to connect to it. 

Also it was easy enough to take a proper switched live off the fusebox and glad I did it that way - so neat. From memory I used position 29.