Picking Up My new car

hitlist

Well after waiting around for a few months, I finally get to go pick her up today from the dealers.

I got a really good deal on the car and alot of options offerd for free.

Now your probibly wondering what the car is well:

Fabia Vrs Estate

Race blue

white alloys

Red seats

Glasses storage

under seat storage

3 spoke steering wheel with radio and phone prep

front arm rest

heated seats

parking sensers

climate

rear electric windows

amundsen Nav with DAB

bluetooth

cruise control

Also got the skoda approved lowering spring included

When i go pick her up is there anything i should ask, or looks for like full size spare ect ect?

This is my first auto. So a quick question, if im driving along say in normal auto can i change to triptronic and use paddle shift while still moving or do i have to wait till i come to a stop?

Also pics to follow unless im having to much fun..

thanks for looking.

Aaron

• Like 2

That should be a really nice fully loaded vRS estate.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for it cutting about Huddersfield.

You can switch into manual shift and sport on the fly, just a case of knocking the gearstick across or down.

Not sure what to recommend on handover, I imagine other members will be along with suggestions.  Just a really boring practical piece of advice, I found the DSG takes some getting used to at slow speeds and maneuvring and if you're not used to an auto it might seem a bit lurchy (think this is due to early torque delivery) until you get comfy with it, so I'd suggest taking car in tight car parks.

Also I would really recommend only putting in Shell V Power Nitro+ or similar, regardless of what the dealer says.  My car loves it.

....oh yeah, just thought, maybe check to see you have the MDI audio cable provided, and also the right connection be it iDevice or USB.

Happy motoring

Edited by Sparkly

You don't even need to put the lever across to Manual if you just want to use the paddles for a short while (20-30 seconds or so) - perfect for overtaking I find.  Leave the lever in "D" and it will change back itself after a short while, or press and hold the "+" paddle for a couple of seconds and the display changes from the current gear (i.e. 4) to the auto version (D4).

It doesn't change gear as quick as a PS2 game though, don't forget if trying to change more than one gear at a time - it's not broken!

I'm not a fan of the S mode - hangs onto gears too much for my liking.  The gearbox software is adaptive to your driving style and will take a few hundred miles to learn your driving style so give it a chance.

• Like 2

Check all the panels line up and gaps are equal.

Check the doors close nice and tight.

Check all the options you choose are on the car

Check for tools and the spare tyre

Check the badges on the wheels match the badges on the car

Make sure there are no scratches on the paint work or rims

I think you may also get a litre of oil in the boot

Sounds like a stunning car. ... look forward to the pics. Have fun.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

I plan on running the car on Tesco momentum, or would you highly recommend the sell v-power nitro?

Thanks for the advice guy will have a play around in the gym carpark tonight with the DSG.

Thanks for the checklist jonro will write all this down and take it with me and ,ill request the car is dry before i check thanks again.

Would any of you in the know run the car in using all modes of the DSG or just leave it in normal?

Thanks

Aaron

Generally I was just recommending sticking in 98RON or better, Manchester Skoda told me to use 95RON as higher octane is just a gimmick, something I don't tend to agree with and I think with the 1.4tsi there are benefits. Sure momentum would be great.

On run in, I wouldn't worry about which mode but a lot of people on here recommend that you don't treat the car with kid gloves when running in and on occasion (once it's up to temp) make sure you take it through the full rev range.

You will find on here that most arguments will have advocates for each side so I'm sure others will say run in gently. Do your own research and try to let us all know what you find.

Thanks think ill use tesco momentum then seen as its about 15 min drive to the shell station.

Thanks for the advice sparkly iv been reading some of the topic on how to run in and as you say every one has there own opinion on it, So will be doing some more research today.

Think ill stay away from 95 then philhoward need the best economy i can get out of it for the work runs.

Enjoy your new car.

Maybe go check and set your tyre pressures and re-set the TPMS by holding in the Button.

Tesco Momentum is a Minimum 99 ron and can & might exceed that, winter grade gets delivered from depots from the 15th October.

It might be 5 pence a litre more than 95 ron, but that £2.50 a tank is well worth paying you will get that back on better running and in the MPG.

Shell V Power Nitro might be another £2.50 extra again, per tank fill, but the car will run no better or use less fuel.

Just perform like the benefit that it gets from being on 99 ron same as with the Momentum.

But try things out yourself.

Sainsburys Super Unleaded is fine maybe for just filling up if you are near it, and might be the same or less to fill up as the Momentum,

it is not 99 ron minimum though.

http://www.petrolprices.com

george

Is it worth running the 1.2 monte on 98ron? I normally full up at Sainsbury or Tesco and stick to 95. If I do start using 98 should I let the light come on before I do my first fill up from 95?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

I currently run my 1.2tsi on tesco momentum after running it on 95 for a year, and i could tell the difference to the car after just a few tanks of it. I currently get about 45 - 50 mpg out of it. That does include a few spirited driving sections through some counrty roads on my way to work.

Generally I was just recommending sticking in 98RON or better, Manchester Skoda told me to use 95RON as higher octane is just a gimmick, something I don't tend to agree with and I think with the 1.4tsi there are benefits. Sure momentum would be great.

On run in, I wouldn't worry about which mode but a lot of people on here recommend that you don't treat the car with kid gloves when running in and on occasion (once it's up to temp) make sure you take it through the full rev range.

You will find on here that most arguments will have advocates for each side so I'm sure others will say run in gently. Do your own research and try to let us all know what you find.

Just to butt in re running in, I am on my second engine and running it in with kid gloves and it's not used any oil in nearly 1000 miles now, first engine I booted a bit and it drank oil. There are so many conflicting stories with this engine, I think they're either good or bad, no matter how you drive :-)

• Like 2

Great spec - I am sure you will love your new car. I would stay away from S mode initially and leave it in D - I would not rev a new engine like S mode does personally and never when the engine oil is still cold, when run in or not. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...