fun roof bar fitting

just found some fun roof bars, but i think there are 2 pieces missing

i have the 2 bars but only 2 mounting brackets......... guessing i need 4.. is that right

i can see the pionted grub screw locks onto the bracket

2013-09-05143619_zps97909888.jpg

Correct.

4 brackets each with 2 screws to go into holes in the body. The ends then bolt through the loops on the brackets.

However, there were (for some strange reason) two different lengths of rail. The short ones had both ends on the cab roof, the long ones started at the front of the cab (like the shorties) but finished on the plastic roll-over thing. The only difference I could see was that the long ones couldn't be on whilst the Truckman was on.

If you have none then the short ones, IMHO would be the ones to go for, as if you don't have the mounting holes already for the long ones, they would be a right royal ball-ache to fit.

^ That's right & I've got the longer ones installed. However in 5+ years I've never used them but suppose visually they add something! :think:

In the snow you can turn it upside down and go sledging ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...