Octavia VRS 2006 'hesitation' issue

Good afternoon,

May be my first post here but been looking at the forum for a while. I have an issue with my 2006 petrol VRS Octavia that I hope someone can offer some advice on. Mileage is currently 77k ish.

The car seems to have developed a slight hesitation when accelerating, as though the fuel supply is interrupted brielfy as the car gets faster. It is only a very slight hesitation and it happens several times during each accelaration period.

Any suggestions as tio what this may be. So far the car has not been taken back to any garage by me as the result of a recall, I've owned it for the last for just over 5 years and 40k miles.

Cheers, Scotty

Hello Scotty, the same isue i had with my skoda.On Saturday i've cleaned my EGR and the throttle body and the problem seems to be solved.Also after the cleaning the throttle seems to respond more quickly.

Best of luck, Cosmin

Thanks Cosmin,

Is this an easy thing to do? Apart from checking fluid levels I'm a bit of a noivce when it comes to engines! Can you point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks in advance, 

Scotty

Sorry Scotty wasn't paying attention, now i saw your skoda is petrol, mine's diesel so the egr and throttle cleaning doesn't apply,sorry. Like Mr.G said, check the recall on the coil packs, i have friends with mk5 gti, audi tt 2006-2007 who had recalls on the coils.Also if you are changeing the coils you should change the spark plugs to, i had on my mk5 gti ngk iridium and they were great, also it is important on a 2.0 TFSI to change the CAM follower on your high pressure pump.The cam follower is a cheap part, i'd payed apox 30 euros from porche romania and it only takes about half an hour to change it, max, but i recommend to do it in a shop not yourself.

Best of luck, Cosmin