vRS TDI DSG urban consumption

FGD

I am seriously thinking about to order vRS TDI DSG.

However I have some worries about urban consumption, as I would use the car 60% in urban circumstances, also sometimes with traffic jams.

vRS TDI with manual gearbox would sensibly improve urban consumption?

What mpg figures shall I count with DSG?

Do you know about any official test or measurements about VRS TDI DSG on internet?

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

Br,

FGD

If you're doing loads of short trips & it's mainly urban journeys you're doing then I wouldn't waste your money on a vRS & most certainly not a diesel, it would be a waste of the cars performance.

If you're doing that sort of driving then a  lower powered petrol version with DSG would more than likely be more appropriate, that's if you want DSG, something like a 1.4 TSi SE or 1.4 Elegance, both of which are from the reviews I've read are very good & well specified cars and significantly cheaper.

• Like 1

I am seriously thinking about to order vRS TDI DSG.

However I have some worries about urban consumption, as I would use the car 60% in urban circumstances, also sometimes with traffic jams.

vRS TDI with manual gearbox would sensibly improve urban consumption?

What mpg figures shall I count with DSG?

Do you know about any official test or measurements about VRS TDI DSG on internet?

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

Br,

FGD

Rather than give opinion, I'll try to answer some of your questions :)

Expect in the region of 42mpg on the urban cycle, that's what I get out of my 2010 vRS CR DSG, perhaps the new one will be even better. Manual will be slightly better, though apart from weight, I've never fully understood why.

If you want to see real life fuel consumption figures, check out http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/ this is where many owners are recording their actual figures.

And your English is excellent :)

• Like 3

I am driving 25 miles each day crossing the city to and from my workplace, the last 5-7 miles are in suburb area driving around at 55-60 mph.

To be honest I fall in love with vRS long time ago, however I know this is not the most suitable choice for my circumstances.

The other alternative is a well equipped 1.4 TSI DSG Elegance, but I have read several reviews about this combination in VW Golf, and I made the consequence, that the consumption is very good on country roads, and motorways, but pretty high in city (about 35 mpg).

So it’s going to be a much more difficult decision than I expected.

I've got the brochure in front of me and the 1.4 TSi DSG is according to it a rather healthy 46.3 mpg urban, compared to the vRS's 47,9 mpg, which is pretty negligible. 

What you need to do is look the different costs of the cars, also don't forget you will undoubtedly have a considerably higher insurance premium for the vRS than for the SE or Elegance trim.

Strange how some other VAG cars can have it though.

I believe there are two different dsg7's, a dry clutch which can't handle too much torque and a wet clutch version that is much better but reserved for the likes of Audi.