Wheels from Octavia II to Octavia I

amii21

Hi,

I used to have a MkII Octavia vRS (2010) with a set of 16 inch steel wheels + winter tyres.

I sold my vRS and bought a C63 AMG which is a great car but very thirsty on fuel.

So I am thinking of buying a MkI Skoda (maybe around £1200 max) as a run-around.

I have 2 questions:

1) The Octavia I will get will probably be over 10 years old. I am going with petrol as essentially it is a simpler engine than diesel (no turbo to go wrong, etc). Do Skoda's of this generation have an achilles heel that I need to look out for?

2) Will the 16 inch steel wheels + winter tyres (left over from my 2010 vRS) fit a MK 1 skoda without any adjustments/modifictaions?

Many thanks!

mk1 is 5x100 pcd mk2 is 5x112 so they wont work, unless you can get some adapters, but its not worth it tbh considering the cost. Sell them and get a car with wheels already.

or put the 1200 towards fuel in the c63.

they are an epic car but my friend went through a set of tyres on his in 2500miles....GULP!

Thanks for replies - shame the wheels won't fit. I am definitely getting a second car as I also want to keep the miles off the AMG :)

I'll read up on some buyers guides for Mk 1 Octavia, and hopefully rejoin the forum as a Skoda owner :)