Introduction

pj71

Hi all, im a newbie to this forum lark, and a newbie to the skoda marque.  :blush: I have just bought an octavia 1.9 tdi pd mk2 with a 105hp bjb engine. So far so good. Very happy with my purchase. Just wanted to say this is a great forum, and it helped me a great deal with looking at, and choosing my new car.  :rock:

Keep it up guys,thanks all  :rofl:

Edited by pj71

Welcome Pj, how far south are you? Ludlow area?

Hi. Sorry for the long reply time, just got back from holiday. I am from craven arms, 7 miles north of ludlow.  :happy: Just did 500 miles. Unfortunatly a sticky rear brake caliper caused the disc, & pads to overheat so i had just the pads replaced. I was advised to change the calipers & discs, as well as the pads. The discs seemed fine to me, but im no expert. 

Apart from that, the car ran beautifuly, & the trip computer was telling me 65mpg! Dont know how accurate they are, but i'll take that all day long!  :rofl:

Next on the agenda is a possible re map from darkside developments  :thumbup:

If you fancy a trip up into Telford, we can offer you a remap from Shark Performance

Hey thanks man! Darkside quoted me £490 for a custom remap, egr delete & egr cooler delete. They say i should see 140 to 145 bhp. Do AP do custom remaps & egr deletes? Do you have a rolling road? How much power, & how much money? Sorry for all the questions! I may get in touch  :yes:

• 1 year later...

Hi all, thought i'd update my skoda Octavia II owning experience. First of all, many thanks to AP Automotive in telford for my shark remap. A nice boost in performance, & economy. Last year I tried to sell my skoda, & decided to go out & purchase a Subaru impreza wrx. What a **** poor decision that was! :D Thankfully no one bought the skoda, so I sold the impreza.

Don't get me wrong, the impreza is a great car, but it was very sensitive to the different brands of super unleaded, & I think it was at an age (2001)  where I would of been replacing part after part. Then of course there was the appetite for that super unleaded! ( 300 miles on a full tank)

The skoda, on the other hand, is quite brilliant. Recently I got 585 miles on a tank full, & in the time I've had it, I've had almost nothing go wrong with it. Recently the drivers elec window broke because of jack frost. :envy:  

I've just purchased some service parts from Dennis Horton as I plan to change the oil & fuel filters tomorrow. Its a job made much easier thanks to all the invaluable information on this great forum. :sun:

Thanks to all contributers. Happy motoring. :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Time for an update. ☺ I really fancy a new skoda. I've decided to go for a octy 4x4 cr estate. Lots of good info on this site, (as usual ) a lot of posts about 2.0 pd engines having a few problems, which is why i've decided to go for the later common rail motor. Am i right or wrong? I would love to here from all you guys out there. What are they really like? Look forward to reading your thoughts... Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Hi all Briskodians! 

I thought it was time for an update on my skoda ownership. I have been spending money on my beloved octy like its going out of fashion! 

So far i have put on a set of H&R springs, a set of Bilstein B6 dampers, a 200bhp turbo upgrade from Darkside, and a nice new set of Bosch windscreen wipers!

Its safe to say iv'e become very attached to my octy. I shall be keeping it for a good few years.  It's been overall, an excellent car. 

Thanks to all the contributors on this great forum. :D