Ouch too ........

ddyer79

I take it from that it was a foreign lorry?

Polish Lorry driver - having to deal with foreign insurer - sucks ! 

Insurers have told me they rarely get great results chasing foreign claims - so told me I may have trouble get back my excess - not without a fight.

Good job I have no claims protection.

Just been looking at a YouTube video of a twindoor being built and the whole of the side of the car from drivers door pilar to tailgate is one piece of metal. 

Really interested now in how they will repair it without compromising structural integrity or sheds load of botox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk9jbNZzKj4

3 Mins 40 Secs into video

What we see at that point in the video is a number of pieces of metal which have been spotwelded together in another section of the plant. Were it not possible to repair damage such as yours, then the insurance costs of Superbs would be far more than it is, because relatively minor body damage would lead to vehicles being declared a total loss. I don't have access to the database of Skoda body panels, but I would imagine there is a rear quarter panel available, an inner wing section, rear panel, etc.

A modern bodyshop can work wonders.

Looks like a Blackvue DR400 or 500 to me.

Got it in one Blackvue DR400 Mk II.

HD1080, records in one minute increments, full GPS mapping, and movement sensors - the blip you here on the video is the unit detecting > 0.8g movement (either up, down or side to side).  Up to 15 hrs on 32 Gbyte Micro SD then overwrites oldest recordings - also has a useful parking mode - detects collision and records for a while.

Just heard from repairers that the car will be repaired. 

Needs new rear 3/4 panel, taligate, bumper and rear internal panel (where battery is housed on V6)

Respray, refit etc.,

Should be back on the road in three weeks.

Edited by ddyer79

Just heard from repairers that the car will be repaired. 

Needs new rear 3/4 panel, taligate, bumper and rear internal panel (where battery is housed on V6)

Respray, refit etc.,

Should be back on the road in three weeks.

That's the outcome I expected. Hold out for a perfect repair when you go to collect it (or be present when it is dropped off.) If it is the least bit obvious that the car has been repaired, reject it, and tell them to get it sorted properly.