Roof Strips

Hi. Having problems with the strips that fill the roof drain channels. They have been removed at least once, to replace the glass roof and maybe to add roof rails, and now one of them refuses to stay in the channel back at the tailgate. Following the roof replace I had to remove one myself to reseat it and noticed a big glob of sealer at one end that presumably the Autoglass fitter applied to try and make it stay down. Looking at their construction I assume they are not designed to be removed. I am probably going to complain to Autoglass. Should they have replaced them?

Edited by Steve Chilcott

Not that I can help, but does it look like fitting roof rails to the channels is possible ? I'd always heard that it wasn't, and I'm too scared to pull my strips up incase they won't go back on again ... apparently with some justification :/