First time Skoda owner - had to be a Fabia vRS.

squeakymonkeynuts

Hi everyone, im the new owner of a second hand 2011 black fabia vrs. Im loving the car so far but have a few concerns and things I want to ask but not really sure how to go about it. The car was bought from a private used car dealer and has done 17300 miles. It has a full Skoda service history, a service plan in place and warranty until 1st March 2014. Is there any way I can find out if it has any previous warranty work or possibly have the high oil consumption history? I have a few other things to ask but don't want to do it all in my first post!

Martin

Welcome to the forum,

Enjoy your car.

The Skoda Dealer can check the Warranty Work that has been done previously if there was any.

Or Skoda UK Customer Services are very helpful and will tell you, they paid for work if it was done.

The service book should have the PDI date, and the Stamps and dates for the Minor and Major Annual Services,

Year 1 & year 2.

There can not be much Service History, other than that. Service 2 is a 40 point Health Check.

A 1 year/9,400 miles minor Oil and Filter change,

then a 2 Year Inspection Service, OIl & Filter change, fluids checked and plugged in a checked on the diagnostics and any update done.

& a new Pollen filter.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/servicing

(a diagnostic check is seldom done at Minor Services & i am surprised that it says here that it is.!)

Worth getting the wheels off and getting a little Copper Grease in the centre of the alloys/hub before the winter.

The wheels might never have been off yet.

Somebody in the Fabia 2 section might know your car and can settle your mind.

Just make yourself familiar with what is the correct Oil Level with a Hot Check.

(and a cold check)  & it should use very little, Do not over fill though.)

& best run it on 99 Ron Petrol.

Maybe its worth getting the Spark Plugs changed before 40,000 miles.

Personally i would not run them past 20,000 miles.

Or at least check them sooner.

george