Any advice on takimg delivery on a new car?

EikokuSanzoku

I just inspected mine all over, made sure that their was no obvious scratches or marks anywhere.

Anything mechanical will be obvious when you drive it and covered with the warranty anyway, so basically all checks are just visual

You might want to check the rear view mirror...

See the big smile on your face :)

Enjoy

As above.

Also look inside the boot to make sure it contains spare wheel and tools (or goo can)

When I buy my next new Skoda, I will have a "no dealer stickers" clause written into the contract.

My local Skoda dealer is excellent, but new cars are supplied with: 

1) dealer sticker in the back window (a real pain to remove without damaging HRW)

2) dealer sticker at top of front window

3) dealer badge attached to tailgate/boot lid

4) dealer number plate surrounds (in addition to the dealer details on the number plates)

5) other unwanted, peel-off dealer stickers

Enjoy your new car  :)  

Do your best to collect in bright, dry conditions....avoid poor light, drizzle, rain...you need to examine the paintwork properly.

Although the car will have left the factory with perfect paintwork, a lot can happen before you get it...the dealers' own valeters can be appalling!

It's the right colour    :yes:

has right number of doors

don't laugh, there was a case on here a 3 door was ordered and a 5 door delivered, member got a free upgrade to a 5 door which they actually liked

• Like 1