Spirited driving MPGs

fsa

Just bear in mind that comparing a PD100 with 5 gears to a PD130 with 6 gears isn't really fair. For instance my Cordoba would be doing 70mph at 1700rpm. 3000rpm was well well into triple figures and it pretty much ran out of puff at 138mph.

Phil

Thanks, Phil....didn't think of that.

drive like miss daisy and i can get 90-100 mpg @ 40 mph seriously, depends on the outside temp too, last 2 tank fills (to the brim) tesco and asda i got 545 miles and put 51 litres in and then managed 535 miles. open her out and lowest i've got was 35 mpg. motorway driving @ 70 mph will get 60 odd mpg. stock car. 

Yeah 4 wasn't an average figure, don't worry guys, I'm not that bad :p Had a chav in a Corsa on my tail and no where to let him pass so dropped into second and pinned it going up hill...thirsty work that one!

The worst average on a normal run was 23.9 when I was running quite late for work!

Edited by Goblin