New Superb 2104 - What Colour

Don't bother with the factory tint - it's way too light - and is more of a light smoke than a tint... save your pennies and get it done at a good window tinter with film afterwards. 

Al. 

I have a new Black Magic with Onyx Black leather. (it's a combi/ estate)

The black outside definitely gets dirty very easy, but does look GREAT when clean.

I think I'd go Amyethyst or Rosso next time.

I originally wanted the Ivory leather, but SWMBO didn't fancy it with the kids/ dog.

I still think the Ivory is great with the Black, but the Black/ Black combo isn't as dark or gloomy as I thought it would be.

Either way, you wont be disappointed.

Edited by RBurke

Hi RBurke, thanks for reply. The car you have is the car in my mind. The words you use are the same as dealer said to me that the black/Black would be very dark and gloomy but good to hear you like it. The worry for me is that I drive 300 KM a day on back roads so would in need a wash 2 - 3 times a week ..

Don't bother with the factory tint - it's way too light - and is more of a light smoke than a tint... save your pennies and get it done at a good window tinter with film afterwards. 

Al. 

On the contrary, for me the factory tint is just right. I was afraid it would be too dark but no, it's spot on. Takes away the glare without significantly darkening the interior.

I have a new Black Magic with Onyx Black leather. (it's a combi/ estate)

The black outside definitely gets dirty very easy, but does look GREAT when clean.

I think I'd go Amyethyst or Rosso next time.

I originally wanted the Ivory leather, but SWMBO didn't fancy it with the kids/ dog.

I still think the Ivory is great with the Black, but the Black/ Black combo isn't as dark or gloomy as I thought it would be.

Either way, you wont be disappointed.

I have a Black Magic with Ivory leather, and yes, I'm sure it will require more cleaning inside and out (with the two kids). But for me, with the size of the vehicle I really wanted the ivory so as not to feel like sitting in a dark cave (especially with the tinted rear glass).  It has a good looking interior so why not show it off!

Hi Coops, I have grey at the moment since 2011 so looking for a change. The Grey this year has changed as is a lot darker and not as nice and it's a big car for silver. Seen a few on the road and it does not do it any justice .. Next plan ;-)

Just to be different, I'd suggest silver with the sunset glass.

(It's wot I bought........)

It's got the black leather which you'd prefer & does look smart, IMVHO.

I'd love one in Black Magic, but after owning a vRS Octy in black  I have to agree that it's a pain to keep clean.

I didn't want Silver initially, but it looks clean when it isn't, & suits the twin-door shape quite well.

Now if you were buying an estate I'd suggest dark green & cream leather, just like my old V70, just needs a Labrador to complete the image.......

HTH.

DC 

Thanks Old Newbie. I am going to see can I find a dealer that has the silver version this weekend. Having a car that looks clean when you arrive at a meeting is important so I'm getting the point of silver from you and others. Many thanks ..

Thanks Old Newbie. I am going to see can I find a dealer that has the silver version this weekend. Having a car that looks clean when you arrive at a meeting is important so I'm getting the point of silver from you and others. Many thanks ..

You are welcome, dear sir.........

If you care to PM me an email address I can send you a few pix of my car, it took us to Germany in July & included it in some of the holiday pix.

DC. 

My Estate was Silver, with Sunset Glass... my now E Class is Silver too, but with Darker windows ;) - Loads of miles, easy to keep clean and easier to sell on in the future! (If you are buying of course!) 

Al. 

My Estate was Silver, with Sunset Glass... my now E Class is Silver too, but with Darker windows ;) - Loads of miles, easy to keep clean and easier to sell on in the future! (If you are buying of course!) 

Al. 

im ordering a elagance estate tomorrow,and 100%wanted white,but ive got this feeling that silver,with the suset glass,and crome will suit the car better.worried white will be a lot harder to keep clean to.is white hard to keep clean.oh ill not sleep to night. :zzz:  :zzz:  

im ordering a elagance estate tomorrow,and 100%wanted white,but ive got this feeling that silver,with the suset glass,and crome will suit the car better.worried white will be a lot harder to keep clean to.is white hard to keep clean.oh ill not sleep to night. :zzz:  :zzz:  

So it's a Pre-Facelift estate - but it's silver and has Sunset Glass too...! 

Al. 

post-54202-0-01517200-1382040006_thumb.jpg

So it's a Pre-Facelift estate - but it's silver and has Sunset Glass too...! 

Al. 

attachicon.gifphoto2.JPG

cheers al,hart says candy white head says silver,then ive just lo0ked at yeti mans photo,and coops is prob bang on, my proplem is having the time to keep it clean,and everybody i know has a bloody white car!!

I know these are estates and not twindoors, but the white and brilliant silver metallic look great. The silver is pretty hard to get dirty as when it does, it only goes a slighty darker tint and is hard to spot unless you run a finger in it (which I would cut someones finger off if they run a finger along a dirty car). :)

IMG-20130601-00321_zps82f1f5ee.jpg

DSCF0018_zpsb065a118.jpg

SkodaSuperbWhite-1_zps75e52bdb.jpg

IMG-20130305-00117_zps2e1225b3.jpg

IMG-20120523-00246_zpsb9c0237e.jpg

I was looking to order white for my new Superb Estate L & K after seeing one on holiday in Tenerife but the issue of constant cleaning steered me towards Magnetic Brown Metallic with Ivory interior. I do about 500 miles per week and wanted a dark colour but did not fancy the Black. I inherited a fleet car with black exterior and black interior and I found it too dark, fortunately it had a sunroof so I kept the blind open to let extra light into the cabin.

I've recently ordered Superb Combi Black Magic (that is color code :) ) with Black Leather/Alcantara interior. Tinted windows of course. Ivory interior was not the option - lots of long (I mean 12-20 hours) travel with 4-5 people on board - only black interior can survive this :D

Almost all cars I've had were black - mainly due to the reason, that, being a man, I was not so happy additionally paying for the color and black usual is on free of charge list.  But in Skoda case - white and blue was free of charge. I know that clean white with tinted windows and panoramic sunroof (which is black) - looks gorgeous. But I did not wanted sunroof and also you do not see often black Superb, at least in Lithuania  :D :D So I went for black. 

Edited by LS108

scottprague - looks very very good!

Sorry for offtopic, but can you tell your impressions about ride with 18' wheels? On my current car (Volvo) I have 18' 245/40 tyres+sport suspension and it is too much. Had to repair 3 rims and the ride is not so comfortable.

scottprague - looks very very good!

Sorry for offtopic, but can you tell your impressions about ride with 18' wheels? On my current car (Volvo) I have 18' 245/40 tyres+sport suspension and it is too much. Had to repair 3 rims and the ride is not so comfortable.

LS,

the ride is fine, even on bad Czech roads, I have normal suspension though. One thing though it the noise, lots of noise from the 18".

I have 16" alloys for Winter wheels.

Hello all. I just want to say thank you again for all the info and help over the last few days. Maybe to help others my 2011 Skoda Superb has 18' wheel's and the ride is fantastic. Even on the back road of kerry which you cant really call roads the drive is always amazing. Yes you get a little road noise but not enough to make you think of going smaller. Also over the last few days i have seen that the estate in the Superb looks amazing so I will also try and have a look at this over the weekend. I think the new 2014 Superb will have to be White or Silver ...

Skoda Superb 2011

How about Cappuciono? My Roomster is that colour and really doesn't show the dirt. The used superb estate I have just put a deposit on is pacific blue. Would have preferred something a bit lighter, but otherwise the car seems perfect. Did see a Superb estate in cappucino yesterday on road and I thought it looked lovely!

Hello all. I just want to say thank you again for all the info and help over the last few days. Maybe to help others my 2011 Skoda Superb has 18' wheel's and the ride is fantastic. Even on the back road of kerry which you cant really call roads the drive is always amazing. Yes you get a little road noise but not enough to make you think of going smaller. Also over the last few days i have seen that the estate in the Superb looks amazing so I will also try and have a look at this over the weekend. I think the new 2014 Superb will have to be White or Silver ...

derek ive gone candy white,bish bash bosh!! end of..........a big thankyou to scottpraque,whos picture did it for me. :thumbup:  :thumbup:  

• Like 1