First breakdown

Hi, just had to be towed to the dealer as the car just threw a wobbler. Just about every fault light on the dash, no speedo or fuel gauge no power steering and no gears, the gearbox locked itself in 7th and wouldn't budge so go knows what's wrong with it. Got a nice basic 1.2tsi fabia dsg courtesy of Skoda assist.

I'm hoping it could be something like that the rac bloke couldn't connect to the abs control unit so he suggested it might be that that's at fault. He did test the battery and it was showing the correct voltages so not sure.

Hope all is well.

I do not undestand the point about the ABS, do you mean ECU,OBD or something?

First check is normally battery terminal tightness, then that the plug into the ECU is secure.

Then Plug in to the Port and read the fault codes.

**Make sure they never wipe these at the roadside.**

Read page 103, on 'Selector lever-emergency unlocking'.  & why this may  be necessary,

'In case of interruption of power'.

Page 102 also.

'DSG Gearbox'.

"an emergency programme exists in the event of a fault". ( page 102 Fabia Owners Manual.)

'the gearbox operates in a corresponding emergency programme if there is a function fault in the gearbox electronics. This is indicated by all the segments in the display lighting up or going out.'

**** Relevant in a situation like this.******

page 103

"Selector lever-emergency unlocking."   The description to get the Yellow Button in there.

But, IMO,

Best taken to the garage on the Dolly with wheels off the road.

Rather than a Break Down Call out Technician or even RAC/Skoda Assist touching at the roadside.

Yeah the rac bloke said the same, he read the codes to which there was 25 of and just left em on there. Skoda got a local company to tow it to garage, only took em 30 mins to arrive as well which I didn't think was bad. That's the thing I thought strange about the gear box I thought it went into emergency mode too but it just wouldn't budge out of 7th gear. I'll await to hear from the dealer tomorrow as I'm sure they're far to busy today lol

There is the different types of Emergency mode, Not all gears, no reverse, no manual shift. etc

Was yours in the ?

'The selector lever can no longer be shifted from position 'P' in the normal way and the vehicle can no longer be moved.'

'Stuck in 7th or some other gear is much the same,

hopefully just an interruption of electrics or brain fart in the DSG/ECU,  so it is best stuck in gear and save any  damage to the box.'

page 103,  

has and the description on how to Unlock,

so that the locked wheels & tyres do not need dragged on sliders or put on castors if going onto a Flat Bed, 

• Like 1