sports suspension

The wheelbase of the Superb is only 75 mm longer than an Octavia Mk3 and their widths are within a couple of mm of each other. The wheelbase of the Mk3 Octavia is 100 mm longer than the Mk2 though. It's this length more than the overall length of the car that determines how it feels on the road as the extra length does create a noticeable delay between the front axle turning and the rear following it. In spec terms an Elegance Octavia is about the same as an SE Superb as far as I can gather...

Since the edit function seems to be broken I can't just add this to my last post:

The Octavia III sports suspension may not exist apart from on the VRS though (The Greenline will be lowered too though). There's a sport button on some of them to tighten up the feel of the car, but the suspension settings are not adjusted by this.

You also only get fully independent rear suspension on the VRS, with all the other models being torsion beam, while all the Superb II and Octavia II models are fully independent.

Since the edit function seems to be broken I can't just add this to my last post:

The Octavia III sports suspension may not exist apart from on the VRS though (The Greenline will be lowered too though). There's a sport button on some of them to tighten up the feel of the car, but the suspension settings are not adjusted by this.

You also only get fully independent rear suspension on the VRS, with all the other models being torsion beam, while all the Superb II and Octavia II models are fully independent.

not really so bothered by handling,just think the greenline being lower,sits better to the eye. paul

The Greenline is a lot more likely to touch down on things because it's lower though - whether this matters depends on where you drive it though: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/290973-changing-from-an-octavia-ii-to-a-superb-ii-ground-clearance/

Yes, you can - lowered to 123mm

Don't think the Sports or Rough Road pack (not the outdoor model) has ever been available to order in the Uk. 

Greenline gets lower suspension, but teeny engine...

Al. 

Then I am sorry for making this assumption...

However it is rather strange, why don't they offer at least sports package (rough roads package probably is not needed - as the chance of 16cm snow on public UK roads probably is low. They are offering only rough roads package in Russia and Ukraine as far as I know)

I wonder if it could be possible to order sports suspension from Skoda accesories cataloque, as I did with boot spoiler from Sports package?

It would be nice to know if Skoda do a genuine lowering kit for the Superb. The v6 would sit much nicer on the road, not that it handles badly but I think a few mm drop would look great. :) 

Leon --> in Lithuania you can order Superb III with sport suspension - 123 mm ground clearance. It is not available with 16' wheels and 2.0TDI 4x4 and 1.8TSI 4x4. So it should be (theoretically) possible in other markets as well...some day.

Or you would like to go this low:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEqQPhGAw2U

:)

That's pretty smart! Not sure how reliable air is on a daily runner though! Maybe an email to Skoda cz. Are they made by eibach?

Leon --> I am not sure if this air suspension comes from eibach, but I guess you can easily find lowered springs for Superb, e.g.:

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/framefixsbc2.asp?page=3&make=SKODA%20&model=SUPERB&ProdGroup=Performance%20Suspension&ProdSubGroup=Lowering%20Springs

From other hand, everything comes at it's price. My Volvo has 20 mm lowered suspension and sometimes during winter I wish it would be standard:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/img0143pus.jpg/

Leon --> I am not sure if this air suspension comes from eibach, but I guess you can easily find lowered springs for Superb, e.g.:

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/framefixsbc2.asp?page=3&make=SKODA%20&model=SUPERB&ProdGroup=Performance%20Suspension&ProdSubGroup=Lowering%20Springs

From other hand, everything comes at it's price. My Volvo has 20 mm lowered suspension and sometimes during winter I wish it would be standard:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/img0143pus.jpg/

Sorry, I didn't make it very clear, I meant the standard springs! :) Oh yeah, I see what you mean. Is yours 4x4? 

Haven't got a clue who make the air suspension, it's another world to me. 

Ups, ok, standard springs. There I have no clue :)

No, Volvo is FWD and with 245 wide winter tires I have to be very careful not to go where I am not supposed to go. Unfortunately in the photo was my way home after one snow fall in the middle of April (!).

I went for 4x4 Skoda, finally. My first AWD car. 

I find the Superb handles better than my Octavia. I haven't driven a derv variant for several years so couldn't comment about the 140/170 engine cars. The 1.8TSi handles nicely; keen turn in, holds its line nicely and changes direction without much fuss. Lack of front end mass really helps keep the handling sweet. 

For a big car its not afraid of getting up and going some. I've surprised a fair few people with the speed that can be maintained around the Chichester ring road. 

I can imagine the v6 is quite nose led with all those cylinders up front!  :giggle:

Ask Nick P - he had it on his Octavia vRS before taking it off as he's sold the car.

He had Superb lowering springs on his vRS? 

I find the Superb handles better than my Octavia. I haven't driven a derv variant for several years so couldn't comment about the 140/170 engine cars. The 1.8TSi handles nicely; keen turn in, holds its line nicely and changes direction without much fuss. Lack of front end mass really helps keep the handling sweet. 

For a big car its not afraid of getting up and going some. I've surprised a fair few people with the speed that can be maintained around the Chichester ring road. 

I can imagine the v6 is quite nose led with all those cylinders up front!  :giggle:

It's a big car for sure! Seems to handle pretty well though, I chuck it around sometimes and compared to the RS I used to have it's pretty damn good. 

Ups, ok, standard springs. There I have no clue :)

No, Volvo is FWD and with 245 wide winter tires I have to be very careful not to go where I am not supposed to go. Unfortunately in the photo was my way home after one snow fall in the middle of April (!).

I went for 4x4 Skoda, finally. My first AWD car. 

Do you have a Superb too? :)