Door ajar light flickering in wet weather

Hi, i've just picked up a Fabia '08 1.4 TDI... When it rains (and shortly afterwards) the door ajar light flickers every few seconds. This means I can't lock it as the alarm will go off, and it 'bings' like mad with the interior light coming on (if set to auto) while i'm driving. Any ideas?

I've ordered a VAG cable and downloaded VCDS in readiness for when it comes so i can find out which door it is, but no idea where to go from there.

I've ordered the 16 pin on that fits the socket below the steering wheel, I'm out at the moment though and can't remember the model number. Should be here any day, will report back once it gets here.

I've checked the boot by folding down the back seat and the courtesy light goes off even when the door ajar light is lit.... so that's pretty much ruled the boot out. I'd say driver's door but it's only a hunch... nothing more!

It absolutely peed it down last night, and now the light is on permanently... If it's giving the 'lights on' warning noise when I turn off the engine, before I open the door, it's got to be the drivers side front door hasn't it? Sorry for double posting, just thinking out loud...

Had exactly the same issue the past few days. Connected it up to computer, and in my case the passenger door is not registering as "Closed". Most likely an issue with the micro-sensor in the lock - so will need to get the lock replaced...

Found it!

[46] Central Conv.

Measuring Block 010

Order is Driver's door, Passenger door, Rear left, Rear right.

But wouldn't you know it, the sun's come out and dried up the lock, so now it's not bloody doing it! Typical :D

Never wanted it to rain before, but now I do...

• 1 month later...

Hi there. I had the exact same problem about a year ago. It was after I washed the car but was not water ingress related. What u need to do next is with the measuring blocks is wait until you know which door thinks is open. Me and the wife were driving around waiting lol. Which ever door it is I would recommend unplugging the electric window motor for that door. Skoda them selves told me this. The motors for the windows cause a fault. I replaced the motor in the summer and its been fine. Let me know how you get on :)

Yea you do have to take the door panel off. There's a cover on the handle inside the car which comes off that shows a screw and there are screws around the perimeter of the panel.....I found this useful......https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=9261Urq2HYqv7AbVjYH4AQ&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D_OqGsdvjThk&cd=4&ved=0CDMQtwIwAw&usg=AFQjCNEBnJOR3r8DcFZXlYpiBHpDfcu5QQ