Roof rails?

Confide

Saw another one today, a Monte-Carlo! I wonder how the standard-ones are attached...

Are you sure your not seeing the monte carlo estate?? Sorry to ask but just incase.

As far as i can tell the bars are bolted on through from the inside.

Hope that helps

Saw another one today, a Monte-Carlo! I wonder how the standard-ones are attached...

The roof rails on the estates have allen bolts that go through the roof from the outside into captivated threads. The estate bars are too long to fit the hatch. No doubt you could find some somewhere that will do the job and fitting should not be a problem if you are confident with drills and removing headlinings etc. dont' drill anything without checking inside the car first. It's easy to drill through cables and pipes in the roof space. 

Are you sure your not seeing the monte carlo estate?? Sorry to ask but just incase.

As far as i can tell the bars are bolted on through from the inside.

Hope that helps

100% sure and I got it aknowledged by a mechanic at Skoda Göteborg : it is possible to fit a Fabia hatchback with roofrails!

The roof rails on the estates have allen bolts that go through the roof from the outside into captivated threads. The estate bars are too long to fit the hatch. No doubt you could find some somewhere that will do the job and fitting should not be a problem if you are confident with drills and removing headlinings etc. dont' drill anything without checking inside the car first. It's easy to drill through cables and pipes in the roof space. 

Thank you for that, got the instructions for it from a mechanic :D!