Planing for new summertires

Eldholm

Winter is soon here in Sweden so the boring winter wheels are on the little Yeti. 

But now starts the fun planning for new summer rims and tires.. :-)

Has anyone tried 225/45 18 on a yeti with success? It looks to be not that big of a difference from the stock 205/55 16. The change in wheel height is just 4,4% or 2.8cm and change in tire roll is 4.3 % or 8.6 cm

Here in Sweden we have 5% in tire roll to play with.

small.png

225/45 18 on this Tomason rim i think it would look really good on a black Yeti  :-)

I think the 18 inch wheels will look fantastic on your black Yeti but you obviously don't know that the majority of folk that use this forum don't like big wheels. They all prefer the tiddly 16 inch jobs! Except me! 

.... the majority of folk that use this forum don't like big wheels. They all prefer the tiddly 16 inch jobs! ....

Not so, unless the overall forum Yeti membership is down to seventeen

The maximum membership of the UK16"SpecialBuildClub was ten, the last member to join being Paul52.  However, Runswick Stag hasn't been around since September 2012 and I find that Nokiauk defected to a SEAT in June this year.  Leaving just eight members - very exclusive :hi: !

Well, I'm in the old fuddyduddy camp with standard 16" rubber. It works well and handles well, particularly with a little extra air pressure. I also like the innocent look of the litlle white Yeti - but packs a nice motive ability with the 170 HP TDI.

Looks are individual preferences, but I wonder why monster wheels on a Greenline? The narrow tyres were used to save fuel, so the wide ones defeat that purpose.