Estate rear door glass

Had a bit of a setback while trying to mend the driver's side rear electric window and now I need a new glass too!

Can somebody tell me if the hatch and estate door glass are the same or different? (the main window glass not the quarter panel glass)

Cheers

OK after quite a bit of studying the various shapes of doors and glass for sale on ebay I can answer my own question and say yes it's different and I found a replacement for £20 delivered, which I am happy with and will surely look better than the black plastic and gaffer tape 'window' that I fitted this afternoon!

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

As you have already found - hatch and estate rear door glass is different.  £20 does like a good price as it includes delivery.  I think I paid something like that when I needed a front passenger piece after some w***er smashed mine to steal some stuff from my car from a scrappy (and I had to remove the glass myself)

Yes it was a good courier too, interlink express - good communication via text/email and arrived about a day and half after ordering. It was just the best deal I found on ebay at the time.

Today I had a look into the problem a bit further and have found that I need a new window lifter mechanism as the cables have been chewed and jammed solid and the clip smashed to pieces - ebay to the rescue again, mainly so I can get the job done as fast as possible and bin the flappy plastic and gaffer tape. The motor works fine.

Just under £25 brand new, delivered and a 2 year warranty.

Hopefully I now have enough knowledge to finish the job - I just took it all apart bit by bit until it all made sense! When I mentioned it to my work mates there was much shaking of heads/ sharp intake of breath and stories about needing 8 hands but it's not looking too bad so far.