About to buy my second Fabia vRS

Right... Me and the ex have split up long story short I need to watch what I'm spending car wise etc. I'm downgrading from a Mazda MPS 3 (mk1) because it costs an arm and a leg to run which I will be selling shortly!

However I'm looking at a PCP deal over 42 months putting in 4k deposit and paying £190 a month. They have a 0% and 3 years free servicing on at the moment but the only thing they won't let you do is combine the maintence with it. Not that I'm too bothered about it!

However I did put a post on here asking about mods before and I can't bloody find it now lol.

I'm using an iPhone so if someone can point me in the right direction of searching I'd appreciate it lol.

I spoke with vrSY before and he was very helpful. I would like to get the approved lowering springs and the rear arb to sharpen up the handling at bit though because I found it was a bit boat like in the corners.

Question is though are the main dealers still able to get the approved 20mm lowering springs and if so can they be fitted in the factory????!

I only ask because I'm getting it really highly specced. Literally loaded with kit!!!!!

All the dealers can do the springs (skoda approved ) most just don't know it! I had to explain to the salesman (err... just check the parts computer mate, you'll find them, they ARE there....) and as George says they are fitted by the dealer, mine were fitted before I picked the car up. The RARB (mine is the stiffist H&R item) makes a huge difference to the handling, best thing you can do though if your car comes with the dunlop SP maxx tyres is ditch them, they ruin the car.

mine is my second vRS, I specced it black, black wheels, bluetooth, and climate (and springs) , very happy so far 10k in :) lots of little things better than my first vRS, engine and gearbox (probably software in the gearbox) changes, little interior touches ect ect ...

gl & hf , this one I have now may be a keeper! check out my build thread (phantom) in the fabia projects section for details :)

All the dealers can do the springs (skoda approved ) most just don't know it! I had to explain to the salesman (err... just check the parts computer mate, you'll find them, they ARE there....) and as George says they are fitted by the dealer, mine were fitted before I picked the car up. The RARB (mine is the stiffist H&R item) makes a huge difference to the handling, best thing you can do though if your car comes with the dunlop SP maxx tyres is ditch them, they ruin the car.

mine is my second vRS, I specced it black, black wheels, bluetooth, and climate (and springs) , very happy so far 10k in :) lots of little things better than my first vRS, engine and gearbox (probably software in the gearbox) changes, little interior touches ect ect ...

gl & hf , this one I have now may be a keeper! check out my build thread (phantom) in the fabia projects section for details :)

+1 to this, springs and RARB transform how the car drives, my car was out of warranty so went slightly lower with H&R Springs.

The Eibach's come under warranty, not sure if Skoda would invalidate your suspension warranty for having the bar fitted, also brace yourself for either some nice chap in India or some dizzy female school leaver in Wales to have next to know clue what you are talking about when you declare it to your insurer, I wholeheartedly recommend you double check that they don't have you down as having fitted a rollcage :o

PMSL..... when I declared the bar, I said "rear anti roll bar" and the "operative" just said, "hang on I'll check with the insurer" (quite good company, lloyds latchford commercial policies!) and came back and said "15% increase.." ;)

but I get what you are saying, I tried to declair my remap on my punto, and the insurer simply couldn't understand... there wasn't a box to tick for it... she said "do you mean chipped?" I said, yes, like potatoes.....

I would have said 15% is quite a lot for what it is, of course you might have a bargainous policy so not worried.

I'm just thinking if one was a yoof with 1-2k a year that is a big whack.