Is this price TOO cheap??

if it's through a dealer you should have some warranty. Personally I would ask the dealer why the price is so low - he is not allowed to suddenly put up the price because of you asking. Maybe there was cat D damage (I believe that is the lighest form of damage and easily repaired) - that has a huge effect on the price. Another thing could be that if the dealer is not a Skoda dealer he wants to get rid of such a nice car on his forecourt as people will want to buy that instead of whatever he is trying to sell.

Obviously the main thing is to go and see the car.... ;)

That's all the advice I can give - but boy, what a deal if it works out ! :thumbup:

Please keep us posted on your 'find' !

No,its a Nature Green with Ivory half leather - should be viewing by weekend.

Still seems v low price - wondering what the downside is - there's no point saving money if it is not "spot on" in every way.

Thanks for reply.

Test drove a 2.5 today - quicker than my Audi 1.9tdi A6 Avant S multitronic - gruntier and hairier with real pull up the motorway hills,and far smoother.

But the Audi's multitronic is far smoother,especially at low speeds thru' town,where the Superb seems to be trying to make things too complex/fussy as far as gear changes go.

By the way,the umbrella was missing from the test car!The worlds most expensive umbrella?!!

Still thinking on next move - part-ex offer on the Audi was a .......ing joke from the dealer!

Regards to all

• 1 year later...

I bought my 2.8V6 Superb Elegance through a motor dealer. It was on a 02 plate but had only done 20,000 miles. I got it for £8,250 plus a decent trade in for my Octy 1.9 tdi Ambient on a 51 plate. The reason fo rthe low milage was the poor mpg of the 2.8v6 I was only getting 22.6 mpg combined. and 28 to 29 mpg on a good run, so had it converted to lpg. I can now put my foot down a little without worrying too much about the fuel costs and have a lovely car to boot.