vRS road noise problem on test drive

I have had my new Mk 3 Octavia VRS estate for 4 weeks now and the cabin noise from the tyres on rough roads ( probably 90% of roads) is very disappointing. Have taken it back to a Skoda but they seem to be acting a bit dumb about it, but clearly they must know there is a problem. Welcome any other feedback from others with similar experience. Seems a good car other than the noise but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at present

The OEM tyres were noisy when I got my petrol vRS so I fitted Goodyear Efficientgrip tyres all round 11 months ago and there is almost no road noise. 

• Like 1

Tyres choice and good alignment are so important on these cars. I think provided those factors are right and there's nothing else mechanically wrong they're actually very refined for their class.

There is a SUK TPI available for instances of rear noisy tyres or abnormal tyre wear. I think it was released in December 2010.

I had it on my last VRs (2010) and the alignment was wrong from the factory. I had both noisy tyres and severe abnormal wear on the rear.

I had falkens all round , had an alignment done and it helped but just changed to rainsport 2 all round and its now a significantly quieter car

I did exactly the same and there is a definite improvement over the Dunlop's which I don't know how they or I did it but managed a whopping 43k miles and 3yrs from new - I never really liked them but I've never had a set of tyres last that long. If I had a VRS I'd wager it would be a different story.

Edited by ufitsy