had my car sericed, oil temp dissapeared..

as the title says.... now without the effort of going back to the dealership to get it fixed, can I do it myself?

to clarify, by dissapeard, i can bring it up on the display but it only reads ---- (and of course I have warmed it up! :P )

thanks in advance... i know there are a million threads on this, but I would like a consice answer if anyone has one, I am a lazy ****er, and if I cant be arsed to go back to the dealer, obviously I cant be arsed to search ;)

• Like 1

If the oil temp indication is there but it's only dashes forever I'm afraid you'll have to go back... Mine was like that until I paid them a visit asking to make this actually useful and they enabled it. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think it can be done via VCDS.

I have to laugh at that actually, seeing as I now have to go out for a lesson and will be driving past the dealership ;) maybe I can spare the time on the way home :p

edit: I wasn't intending on venturing out of my house before... aiming to fix it via bluetooth from here :P

Was the dashes not caused on some by the dealer changing service schedule from fixed to variable

spot on, I have just gone back (seein as I was passing mad monk! :P ) he said "because you brought it in at 10k I set it to fixed.... " he's just set it back to variable so my oil temp has come back :) I'll still take it in every 10k though....

I dont know how long it would have gone before asking for a service!

anyone on variable servicing and actually use it? what sort of intervals are you getting serived at ?