`Armorall Shield Even Better Than Wax`

mandp

Has anyone actually used this stuff?

It is Auto Express product of the year 2013 and yet I haven't seen it mentioned here.

When my current supply of 845 runs out I was considering getting some of this but I'm thinking twice now since not a squeak from you experts about it.

Regards

Mike.

For £18.99 I think I might give it a try as I'm not into 'detailing' but would like some protection for the car and possibly easier washing over winter.

EDIT: £12.99 on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008IO9M7C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1383235551&sr=8-1π=AC_SX110_SY165) and for less than £8 I think I'll try the wheel seal as well (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007TIMOIC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1383235615&sr=8-3π=AC_SX110_SY165)

I have a couple of sample satchets of this, if anyone would like them.

I'll be sticking with more traditional protection systems, but happy to post them out.

Not tried it but like Wardy, I am more than happy with my current products (as you know Mike).

The brand name will put some people off but I suspect for those not too concerned it will offer some protection and good VFM.

Have a look here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=264467&page=5

Not wanting to "slag" Auto Express off - it will also be targeted at a particular core of people, AE tend to avoid some of the high end products.

Not tried it but like Wardy, I am more than happy with my current products (as you know Mike).

The brand name will put some people off but I suspect for those not too concerned it will offer some protection and good VFM.

Have a look here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=264467&page=5

Not wanting to "slag" Auto Express off - it will also be targeted at a particular core of people, AE tend to avoid some of the high end products.

Thanks for the link. Simon...a few positives there.

I must say I like the idea of `easy-on, easy off` and using it in all weather conditions...a big plus where I live.

Unless I hear some definite negatives here, I'll probably give it a bash.

Regards

Mike.

• Like 1

If I wanted low maintenance, long duration, I'd go with Wolfs or similar and a nanotech paint coating.

But appreciate that this product here is aimed at a different market.

There's a lot of snobbery out there on LSP's

I haven't tried the Armorall Shield but I have got a pot of an old Autoexpress favourite, Turtlewax ICE Synthetic Polish Paste. Now because it's TW and because it's available in Halfords (price on Amazon is better btw) a lot of people dismiss it mostly without trying it. The name is misleading as it has no cut and is in fact a hybrid wax/sealant.

It's an utter joy to work with in most conditions, it is completely clear even when hazed so leaves no white residue and can be applied to pretty well everything, buffs off easier than a lot of other products. It gives a great glassy finish, beads well, lasts really well.

It's a shame that more people who are serious about keeping their car clean don't try some of these budget gems. Mostly it will end up in the hands of yoofs in Corsas that couldn't tell you the difference between polish and wax.

My betis the Armorall falls into this bracket.

• Like 1

I have a sample of this, enough to do about half of the car, will give it a go next week and post some feedback.

Thanks, Harry, that'll be great.

Regards

Mike.

Wardy kindly sent me the samples he had. Thank you.

They arrived yesterday.

It's not raining.

Car needs a wash.

I might try this out alongside something else (or nothing).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've started a thread on here for my test between ArmorAll Shield, Auto Glym Aqua Wax and doing nothing.

Take a look here and post your thoughts on the process and results.

At the time of writing, all I have done is was and add the protection to the bonnet with a 'control' section.

• Like 1