Fabia electric windows not working - at end of tether!

Hi folks, well long story but a bought a new roomster and now am having trouble selling my 55 plate Fabia, which has 160,000 miles on but meticulously maintained and has FSH, recent service and have just put 13 months MOT on it (because it wouldn't sell). Problem is, can't advertise it yet as the electric windows have packed in. Seen other posts but nothing has helped solve things yet.

The day before they stopped working, I had the windows open and there was torrential rain so I feared water had got in the switch. Anyway, got replacement switch and still no joy but the lock / unlock buttons still work. Is there a separate power feed for the lock buttons and window buttons?

I cannot try the key in lock method as the key won't turn left or right in the drivers door lock, even with graphite powder.

Can't hear any clicks from relays when I try to operate the windows, there is no movement or sound at all.

Am not even sure exactly where the relays are and which one would be for the windows.

The wires through the door don't seem loose but I haven't taken the door panel off yet, was hoping to avoid that!

I presume there are just the 2 x 25amp fuses relating to the windows? these seem fine.

Anybody have any ideas? would really appreciate it as I need to finally move on my fabia to start paying something off the roomster!

Thanks,

Mark.

My 05 mk1 fabia had window troubles too. I had it where both front windows wouldn't operate from either passenger or drivers side switches. The whole lot was dead.

Took it to VW garage and they found drivers window motor had gone pop. Replaced that and driver and passenger side windows now worked. So looks like some kinda fault was disabling both sides.

I think they found the fault quickly and probably due to vagcom diagnostics. Try to get car to a dealer - New motor wasnt cheap though

Have you tried operating the windows using the remote key fob?  Holding down the lock key should shut them, holding down unlock should open them.

My 12 plate Fabia had the passenger window freeze for two days until I tried that.