Westfield Cars

curleybar

I live pretty close to their factory & drive past regularly (including today).

It is a very anonomous site that could be producing cardboard boxes or widgets rather than sports cars !

Now the road runs past the rear & car park of the place so no doubt there could be a s****y reception area full of cars on display but this is certainly not apparent !

Does anybody know if they are doing ok...this is just out of interest really as they are a local company.

I know we have a few track day fans & sporty car owners on here so does anyone have any thoughts about Westfield.....?

Having a tour around the Factory is no problem as long as you phone them 1st.    You can also take out a demo car for a reasonable fee but you have to stick to a prescribed route.   If you want to have a day at Silverstone, not on track though, there are the active days http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/calendar.html . You get a lot of time in the car compared to other similar events.  

There are regional groups throughout the UK who have monthly meets if you are actually thinking of buying a weekend toy, they are quite used to taking people out on demo runs. In our Essex group there is always 3 or 4 of us who have been asked for a ride out, always willing us lot.

Westfield Sportscar Co. are doing are well and are 100% British owned. 

Edited by Soot1e

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply much appreciated !

Sadly, I do not think my geriatric bones would squeeze into one of these fine looking machines.

It was more of a general query about them.

They are a local company up to me. I am mildly intrigued by what seems such a low key set up....although they are unlikely to have a big arrow outside and a sign saying...."latest top secret model here"...are they really..?

Cheers

Sadly, I do not think my geriatric bones would squeeze into one of these fine looking machines.

I don't know, Bernie is no spring chicken and he could show the young uns

a thing or two in his yellow beastie.

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply much appreciated ! Sadly, I do not think my geriatric bones would squeeze into one of these fine looking machines. It was more of a general query about them. They are a local company up to me. I am mildly intrigued by what seems such a low key set up....although they are unlikely to have a big arrow outside and a sign saying...."latest top secret model here"...are they really..? Cheers

The Widebody cars are a lot easier for us old big uns, they are not like the original Lotus 7 when a youthful 5' 5" SLIM KID WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD GET IN THEM.  We have a 6' 5" bloke with a  Westfield in the club.

Top Secret model you mention,  Westfield are developing an Electric powered car, although the 1st. version was flawed they are carrying on with a newer version.

Hopefully soon there'll be another 6'5"-er with a Westie soon... Wish it would hurry up to spring when they'll all come out again.

Aha, Quinten is also looking for one, hows the search going. 

Aha, Quinten is also looking for one, hows the search going.

Well, not very well... there's just not many advertised at the moment, and I don't think it will improve until we hit March :( Much to SWMBO's despair as she is the one without a car during the week (as I'm using the only car we have to get to work). Even if I had more money to spend, the offerings are not that great...

Here's ours :(

AE01D115-1639-4EC1-9B6D-F28CA52AE69A-943

9D4D0040-50BD-4764-9FA2-E5FFBD282671-943

Nice project for the winter you have there.  Zetec for your build I see.  You'll need help somewhere on the journey, hope you registered on WSSC forum.

Well, not very well... there's just not many advertised at the moment, and I don't think it will improve until we hit March :( Much to SWMBO's despair as she is the one without a car during the week (as I'm using the only car we have to get to work). Even if I had more money to spend, the offerings are not that great...

There's never a glut of cars for sale, now and spring is the best time but don't expect dozens for sale and you'll have to travel some distance to see them.

Nice project for the winter you have there. Zetec for your build I see. You'll need help somewhere on the journey, hope you registered on WSSC forum.

Been a 7 year long project mate!!

It's a 4AGE engine :)

Better get on with it then, there is another build that's been going on since 2002.

It's my Dads although I think it will be me finishing it! I was 14 when he bought it!

It's a proper Westfield chassis, narrow body one which is a little worrying!

It's my Dads although I think it will be me finishing it! I was 14 when he bought it!

It's a proper Westfield chassis, narrow body one which is a little worrying!

The narrow cars are not made these days, only parts.    The race and sprints guys like the narrows so could be a good asset should you and your Dad not build it.

I have a 1990 SE - I'm 6' and about 13.5 stone. I fit with the seat back as far as it will go.

Wouldn't be without it - 50mpg from the vRS, 20mpg from the Westfield :rofl:

Mark

Another top bloke here, we should have a Sub Forum for Skoda/Westfield owners.

• Like 1