Fitted Amundsen RNS315 - nothing in Maxidot display. Further coding needed?

Following on from this thread - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286231-amundsen-with-pre-fl-maxidot/ - I've fitted an RNS315, it's a Seat version but is essentially the same as an Amundsen+. It's in my [pre-facelift Octavia mk2, which I'm guessing pre-dates the Amundsen (whereas I'm pretty sure the Columbus was available on the last of the pre-FL cars).

In doing so I've also removed my Fiscon kit as the RNS has bluetooth built in. I have installed the headunit and the BT mic I got from Eddie and have ticked module 37 in the CAN gateway using VCDS, however NO information is displayed in Maxidot relating to phone, nav or audio.

Do I need to do anything else to code the unit to show data in Maxidot?

From the other thread

Hi John

Should be ok, I fitted a Highline to a SEAT Leon that had a VW RNS310 and that displayed fine in the cluster without any coding

I've got a feeling that the RNS315 is BAP compatible only and won't work with the DDP on my Pre-FL car.

Thoughts?

I did yeah, but I'd have to have a look at all the codes. The car was riddled with faults, I believe as a result of the comibination of disconnecting the battery and the subsequent remap.

• 1 month later...

I read somewhere (can't for the life of me remember where though, but it was on Brisky) that BAP could be switched off. It wasn't clear if it then reverted to the old protocol or not.

I remember that the thread was to do with integrating a head unit and controller. There is a scan shown in the posting that shows where to change. Now I've posted here I can go and find it, as I know where to come back to. ;)

Found it:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/288735-fabia-ii-columbus-rns510/?p=3532970

I know it relates to Columbus, but it would indicate roughly where to look on Amundsen(+)

Maybe It's a BAP only unit, but on a friend's car Octi2 + Seat RNS315, I made a FIS/MAXIDOT reset, then Telephone menu was showed.

Pre-FL Oct2?

What did you do and how did you do it?

• 4 weeks later...

Only for information, on a friend O2 Facelift, After RNS315 installation Telephone Menu was not present. Tried VCDS Without success, then made a reset over maxidot menus and telephone menu appeared (also language was changed,...).

Maybe this kind of reset on the cluster or a vcds reset on the navi can help you.

I have a Bolero with BAP coded on my octi pre-facelift, It tells error on VCDS but works propperly and appear information on MAxidot. I'm not able to recode For non BAP, but if someone knows maybe can help me?

A MaxiDot reset has been mentioned elsewhere, but when asked how this was achieved, the poster when silent.

Can you tell us how the reset was done?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's not relevant on RNS315 installation, but:

A MaxiDot reset has been mentioned elsewhere, but when asked how this was achieved, the poster when silent.

Can you tell us how the reset was done?

You can make a Maxidot reset (mk2 facelift) over its own maxidot menu (no VCDS or trick required), just find the option under settings menu. It's a trusted option.

There's another option on VCDS --> Adaption --> Channel 00 set to 1, but be careful because you lose all adaption values (for example Time to Service,...). I never tried here, but all uC in this car can be reset with this option. 

Only for information, on a friend O2 Facelift, After RNS315 installation Telephone Menu was not present. Tried VCDS Without success, then made a reset over maxidot menus and telephone menu appeared (also language was changed,...).

Edited by de_compet