Winter wheels for VRS, does ET50 or ET57 matter?

Tyring to order wheels and tyre set on mytyres, when I add to basket the ET changes from ET50 to ET57!

Does it matter if they sent me ET57?

Most people seem to get ET50. And to be fair I'm not 100% sure what the difference is!

For reference Nokian WR D3 205/55 R16 91H, or 91V.

Any help appreciated before I blow the best part of £500!

Cheers

I'm looking at steel wheels and tyres from my-tyres as well, and so just tried adding some to my basket to see if I got the same problem. For me it doesn't show the ET on the order screen, but there is a 57 there, which I'm pretty sure is the (correct) wheel centre bore. I'd phone my-tyres to double check, but I don't think you have a problem to be honest...

The link posted was pretty good, some sites explanations were no use!

As you say should be no issue. Just like to know exactly what I'm buying and what stuff mean.

Even had to google BSW for the tyres. Black Side Walls! lol.

Cheers for all the info helped me a lot, some good guides out there.

Placed an order now, on the checkout page the ET is not displayed! I was confusing it with the other measurements.

ie steel wheel is 5 x 112 x 57 ET 50. Checkout displays upto 57 and I thought it had changed the ET50 to ET57!

So bring on the cold rain and snow soon!

Cheers, simple and to the point!

Order cancelled. Will re-order with V rating, after googling why.

xl too ;)

Ahem, from pg 286 ish of the manual for my Octavia:

iaxr.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

you've lost me? That's not specific to the vrs. I've got a vrs. These are the rims and tyres I have for winter. Check the spare if you have one. 91v xl et50

you've lost me? That's not specific to the vrs. I've got a vrs. These are the rims and tyres I have for winter. Check the spare if you have one. 91v xl et50

Thats for octavias in general, including the vrs. You do not need to fit v rated tyres. You need to keep the correct load rating. Et is a different kettle of fish.

Thats for octavias in general, including the vrs. You do not need to fit v rated tyres. You need to keep the correct load rating. Et is a different kettle of fish.

Would rather not risk it - particularly as my factory fitted 205 55 16 spare is 91V.

For the couple of quid difference I would rather stick with what is on there.

If the price difference is small then fair enough. My old diesel Octavia came with w rated tyres which are rated significantly higher than the car could actually achieve. Bizarrely my mkII is more powerful and has a higher top speed has v rated tyres.

Well the VRS comes with 92Y so 91V is the closest you can get on 16's

186mph is also unachievable in a VRS but its not all about the speed...