did not know this about vrs

leobella

hi all,

my vrs is one year old and i booked it in for a service and after waiting 30 mins the manager came up to me and said it does not need a service until 2 years old,something to do with the code in handbook,he even phoned skoda uk and printed out my car details and they confirmed this.

so they just did a quick check over and changed the bulbs i gave them.

something to do with fixed or variable servicing i think(i have cthe engine i don"t know if that is why.)

thanks.

it is on variable servicing. When I had my Fabia this was the case as well, however, as I had 3 years free servicing they performed a service ( its an oil change) and reset the service interval to fixed.

I think the code in the service book is Q16 or something along those lines.

• Like 1

You will be informed by the maxidot display when you need to take your Skoda for a service. There is a menu you can call upon where it tells you how many days/mileage that this will occur. 

Some people prefer to get their cars serviced annually rather than be on variable but that's a topic for another day.

What mileage do you do, and the type of driving etc will impact on when a service is needed on your vehicle.

• Like 1

QI6 means it can be either fixed or variable

and can be swapped between the 2 when required, seems all fabia's can be set this way now

way to check is with the maxidot or std display to see time / milage to next service

That is the Oil & Filter that is OK for Variable. Handy to call it Servicing, But its really Oil.

Unless you are checking everything yourself under the car, under the bonnet etc, no matter 5000 miles in 12 months or not,

you need to decide if you want to wait 24 months before the car gets looked over.

If they just did a quick check over fine.

I hope they actually did a good check over. A 'Minor Service' but just not the Oil & Filter changed.

Did you Pay for that or is that 1 Service Used up if you are on a 'Free Servicing Schedule' ?

Is the Service Book Stamped & filled in?

george

Then you should be on fixed 10k/12 month services not variable.

If you have free servicing then it needs to be on fixed intervals

Agreed, run fixed servicing for first 3 years/30k then have them switch to variable.

This is what I shall be doing with mine.

Regardless of if the oil was good for 20,000 or 30,000 miles. i would want the Oil  Filter changed much sooner,

especially from new and after 10,000 miles. I do them before 5,000 miles.

& especially on a Twincharger i would want the Oil Filter Changed..

So who puts in a new filter, and then refills the old oil.

(other than a mate of mine !!.)