Thieving swines at York

I dont suppose anyone is breaking a skoda octavia, some thieving swines have stolen my drivers wing mirror and the glass from the passenger sides mirror.

Wouldnt be to bad but im about to leave for 6months with work and my wife is left behind with our 2 kids and 1 of which is disabled.

Going to check the scrappys and sellers to see if i can get the parts cheap as the local garage is asking for alot of cash.

i honestly have no idea if the mirror on my 2006 skoda octavia estate is heated or not, i have the elegance model if that makes a diff and i cant see anything in the docs/manual that tells me.

Going to have to order it i think as the scrappys around here dont have my year or model.

Just cant believe someone would do this even with the badges on the car and so close to christmas.

On your wing mirror adjustment stick, there should be a little symbol that you can turn it to which is the other side to the symbols 'L' and 'R' iirc. I think this will mean it is heated.

You need to wire them to an inverter when the car is locked, when said thieving swine grabs the mirror to run off with it he gets electrocuted!  (no less than what they deserve).

Sorry to hear your plight, however the prices at the dealer are not to bad for a mirror cover replacement as I have just bought one for the Fabia.

Yep, can be misleading for people. As the demist icon would appear to indicate that they're simply heated, not that you need the dial over in that position for them to work! Especially as there's not a corresponding 'dot' for where you need to place said dial....

I'll have to keep my octy under surveillance! Worrying to know this has happened in the area but I hope you get it sorted soon.

Not so bad if your's go, just find any old ones on Ebay and wrap them. No colour hunting or scuff free troubles cheap cheap! 

i managed to find a complete drivers side replacement 'the one i linked above' but the passenger side glass and backing plate arrived yesterday, but just one problem with it is that the backing plate clips are to big for the actual connection. http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=121200945870

Thought i was being a retard and unable to fix it myself so i took it to the garage to be told nah m8 its the wrong size it's to big FML :(

so im now on the lookout just for the correct backing plate and the glass is only £9 in Halfords.

The drivers side mirror was the complete unit that they stole and was achieved by snapping off the arm and leaving all the cables dangling down the door, but they only took the glass and backing plate from the passengers side.

When the wife called out the police he was shocked as they never get called out for that type of crime in my area of fulford, the one thing that really annoys me is that no alarm went off on the car but yet it goes off all the time when the dogs are in it.

Edited by Jason157