Anthracite Gemini

Avoid the polished finish would be my recommendation, unless you don't keep your cars much beyond three years.

All Skoda's fitted with polished alloys that are old enough to suffer have I'm afraid. The polished finish is weak, changing the tyres, stone chips and kerbing all take their toll with water being forced under the clear coat resulting in delamination of the laquer.

The MkII Octavia Scout is the worst, followed by the Fabia vRS and now also the Superb Elegance.

I take extra special care of the alloys on my Scout, no kerbing but after 40,000 miles a few small stone chips. Two sets of tyres later and all four alloys were replaced under warranty. Now I'm out of warranty they are failing in the same way.

Edited by silver1011

I kerbed one the wheels on my Superb, with the expected damage so no warranty claim there.

Rather than re-finish the damaged wheel to the original specification I had them all powder-coated instead.

The Mondeo wheels corroded too, but only on the polished & lacquered rims, again powder-coating the whole wheel ( in an Audi silver) solved the problem & has improved the appearance of the car. 

I'd never consider a dark coloured wheel, especially on a Tango Red car!

DC

Hi all

Has anyone seen any pics of the anthracite Gemini wheels on a Black Octavia (ideally an hatch)

please let me know how you think it will look :)

Best regards

B

Might help, my profile picture shows std polished rim ones. The colour behind is more light grey/blue than a dark grey/black.

Bit dissapointed, just a bit as look great but would have prefered a metallic black finish.

Might help, my profile picture shows std polished rim ones. The colour behind is more light grey/blue than a dark grey/black.

Bit dissapointed, just a bit as look great but would have prefered a metallic black finish.

Just had a look are the wheels on yours the anthracite or the silver gemini's. I ordered antracite but if yours are the silver then I think Ill change to that while I still have the time.