Remapping advice Fabia vrs mk1

LD1991VRS

why do you always seem to speak in riddles? :S lol simple English would be fine

Looks plain English to me, unless 'human interface' is an alien phrase of course.

Not quite sure how I could have made it plainer; "get some advanced /track day training" ????

One of the points I raised earlier; and as a related subject, unfortunately I've seen, too many times, the aftermath of defective tyres, it's amazing how many times people come unstuck due to tyre defects, tread depth below the minimum level, under-inflation and even stretched tyres rolling off the rim under cornering.

Grr666 has a very valid point, if you want to upgrade your car then don't buy a set of Ditchfinders....

Other than making sure the car is mechanically sound and well serviced there isn’t much that you need to do to support a stage 1 map.

As said above good tyres are IMPORTANT and are often overlooked. Correct alignment will also have a bearing on how well the power is put down and the behaviour under braking so I’d get that checked and adjusted if needed. But that's a given on a standard car as well!

Personally I would look at improving the handling a little to tighten things up in that area but it’s not a necessity and can be done as/when you want. I wouldn't say larger brakes are a necessity either. Not unless your experiencing fade on the standard setup.

Thanx for all the information lads! ALOT of different views...decided to replace my current brakes as they are pretty worn, sticking with the standard brakes.

Also i will be giving my turbo a good check over as it doesnt quite sound right at the minute! thanx again..!

There's never a 'need' to do any modification. The standard car will get you where you want to go just fine won't it.. I really don't want a petty forum argument but you had a remap to go no quicker? I don't think your quite telling the truth are you.

The op asked for things to consider. I gave him one. I presumed it was common sense that if you've just had new disks and pads or they have loads of life left you aren't going to bin them :)

Couldn't agree more about the pd160 stuff. Never seen the point myself.

Sorry man didn't mean to cause any offence. It is a good thing to consider, I agree. And yes my car does go quicker, is more fun to drive and i do get better mpg.. that was why I got a map, as most people who get a map do.. however I still stick to the speed limits generally speaking, the roads aren't a race track so you don't need to speed everywhere just because you have a faster car..

I think that was my point.. Just because you can go faster doesn't mean you should, unless you're somewhere where it's safe to do so :)

• Like 1