2nd Variable Service price - Scout TSI

I have just booked our Scout 1.8TSI in for its second variable service, having covered only 28,000 miles, and was quoted with a price of £368! I seem to recall the first service was only about £170 so am I being ripped off and should look elsewhere, or is this reasonable?

Thanks.

Oil they use is the same regardless. According to skoda website a 2 year (20k) service is £249. If brake fluid needs done then its another £45. Would question exactly what their doing for the price quoted.

Agree with the above.. recently had my third service and got quoted £159 which I thought was cheap for a main dealer. . Rang them back 20 mins later as I had looked on skoda website and had to "remind" them of the fixed pricing. Made me wonder if they do this for everyone to see who doesn't know about the fixed prices

Well it's amazing what a bit of phoning around can do. Called the dealer we bought the car from and they quoted £235, now original garage have dropped their price to £220. That's more like it!

Thanks for the tip about the fixed price servicing - that certainly helped my case!

Edited by GroundHog

Well it's amazing what a bit of phoning around can do. Called the dealer we bought the car from and they quoted £235, now original garage have dropped their price to £220. That's more like it!

Thanks for the tip about the fixed price servicing - that certainly helped my case!

Personally I still wouldn't give the first garage the business as they would have been happy enough to rip you off for an extra £170 if you hadn't queried it.

• Like 1

I do agree, and if I'm honest had the second garage have been closer then I would have given it the business, but it was an hour away, and an hour then back to work, so I that's a fairly large inconvenience for me just to teach the first garage a lesson.

They have to be registered with the fixed price scheme first, either ask the garage in question before you go guns blazing or call skoda UK and ask them for confirmation.

You can use the link below to check if they are participating in the national fixed price servicing scheme.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/participating-retailers

Even if they don't participate they are still likely to price match. My local dealer wasn't listed but as soon as I mentioned it they were happy to match the national pricing policy.

I'm lucky that I have quite a few main dealers close to me so their competitive nature might be more assertive than in other areas!