New Rapid (die cast) for Christmas?

I just found this page:

http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/car-models/model-rapid-1%3A43-66194dx/46/5/12/43/1001

and I would really like one for Christmas. They have them in 11 colours, not my petrol blue but I would 'put up' with black magic.  Problem is the web site only seems to supply to dealers and the Czech republic. Anyone got a 'cunning plan' so we could buy them from the UK?

Many thanks, Ebay gave me the name of the manufacturer, Abrex, and from that I found a UK dealer and they had it in lava (petrol) blue as well. This link will now appear on my wife's desktop as a Christmas hint!

http://www.lobsterdiecast.co.uk/store/p1779-model-manufacturer/abrex/SKODA-RAPID-in-Lava-Blue-143-scale-model-by-ABREX.cfm

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes I did get one for Christmas and just got round to photographing it.

Abrex is a Czech company and the models are made in China but as you can see from my photos of the model and my car the colour match is  such that I think they must use the same paint.  The detailing is excellent including the badges, brake discs behind the alloy wheels and even the repeater indicator.  Inside the dashboard air vents have chrome surrounds and there is even an arm rest between the front seats which seems to indicate the model is of an Elegance spec. Rapid.  So the only difference is the model is LHD.

post-109419-0-99037500-1393194419_thumb.jpg

post-109419-0-29045400-1393194433_thumb.jpg

• Like 2