RCD 510

SuperB-Nl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are two shapes - one more or less square and one which is slightly wider at the top and found on newer models.

The one pictured looks to me like it should plug and play and share the same dimensions as your existing fascia adaptor too.

Edit: Some functionality may require VCDS coding.

Looks identical to the one I put in my Fabia, I think the one that doesn't fit has white lettering on the front.

Very easy job, just plugged and played, bluetooth, Maxidot etc all worked great.

Big improvement on the interior I think, especially if you have the new steering wheel and gearstick as it matches the shiny black on these.

There are two shapes - one more or less square and one which is slightly wider at the top and found on newer models.

The one pictured looks to me like it should plug and play and share the same dimensions as your existing fascia adaptor too.

Edit: Some functionality may require VCDS coding.

For now, all the functions are working properly, with no coding at all. Informations are also visible on Maxi-Dot (Radio, which song is playing, etc.). I saw some of users have problems with battery drain ( more of them has this problem on RNS 510), but for now its all ok. :)

Looks identical to the one I put in my Fabia, I think the one that doesn't fit has white lettering on the front.

Very easy job, just plugged and played, bluetooth, Maxidot etc all worked great.

Big improvement on the interior I think, especially if you have the new steering wheel and gearstick as it matches the shiny black on these.

It's very big improvement on interior. Sadly i have the old steering wheel and gearstick but it also look's great.  B)

Like bobnaldo said, the main reason for change was that is easier to navigate around songs and about a look. 

And yes it's still requires a separate bluetooth module, but for 250€ it has 6 disc changer, SD card, looks nicer - and after buy i realized that the sound is better ( a little less bass but all sounds are super clear, and even at higher volumen it sounds better) . 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, it's me again. I finally got my own VCDS cable, and i finally manage the sound settings on radio. My Bolero was installed on Superb which had a sound system.

I went to [56 – Radio] - Coding and Longcoding helper. 

Changed settings:

-Sound system not installed (before: Skoda Sound system)

-4 speaker channels (Front and Rear) (before: Sound System)

-Speaker Monitoring Front and Rear active (before: inactive- Sound System)

Sound is extremely better! If any one need pictures and exact bytes i can post it. 

BTW- Version of my VCDS is 11.11.3

Hi guys, it's me again. I finally got my own VCDS cable, and i finally manage the sound settings on radio. My Bolero was installed on Superb which had a sound system.

I went to [56 – Radio] - Coding and Longcoding helper. 

Changed settings:

-Sound system not installed (before: Skoda Sound system)

-4 speaker channels (Front and Rear) (before: Sound System)

-Speaker Monitoring Front and Rear active (before: inactive- Sound System)

Sound is extremely better! If any one need pictures and exact bytes i can post it. 

BTW- Version of my VCDS is 11.11.3

That's interesting... so the RCD 510 is designed for use with an amplifier in certain setups? 

I've got my swing unit running through an amp at the moment and it sounds pretty bad so I'm looking for a decent OEM upgrade, and maybe a 510 fits the bill. Does anyone know more about the above VCDS settings and what they do?

I assume it adjusts the DSP settings and levels to allow an amp to comfortably take speaker-level output (as I assume there's no pre-out available on the 510). Anyone know?

I assume the RCD 510 has the preset settings for OEM amplifiers (and Yes it's designed for use with an amplifier in some way). The options in VCDS for me are:

-Sound System not installed
-Volkswagen Sound System
-Skoda Sound System

-Dynaudio Sound System

I will probably connect amp to RCD 510 and OEM speakers in near future. In next stage i will replace stock speakers for better ones. 

But from yesterday, it's a lot better then Swing radio. 

Edited by SuperB-Nl