ALPINE settings...?

Ok so i've had my Alpine 9835r Head Unit for a few months now and I'm still struggling to comprehend all of the settings it offers me.

So all those of you who have similar Alpine HU how have you set them up?

I'm talking mainly about:

Equalizer curve

Cross over

Time correction

Bass focus

MX mode

Have got no sub as yet, so don't want it to be too bassy and kill the speakers, but a bass is good! :cool:

If it helps I've got Boston front components powered by a JL amp.

Used to think myself as fairly tech-savvy before I got this :confused:

The easist why to do it is a service/system Alpine do called I-personalise, where you set all you settings on their website and then copy them down to a CD-R. You pop that in the unit and it loads them all. Its good as you have a 'boot disc' with all your settings on.

Theres a link at the bottom of this link, you might need to update your computer's flash player get it to work though. :)

http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/index.htm

The easist why to do it is a service/system Alpine do called I-personalise' date=' where you set all you settings on their website and then copy them down to a CD-R. You pop that in the unit and it loads them all. Its good as you have a 'boot disc' with all your settings on.

Theres a link at the bottom of this link, you might need to update your computer's flash player get it to work though. :)

[url']http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/index.htm[/url]

Cheers, but I did that and it didn't really help. Probs should have mentioned that above.

My main query is what have people set their time correction, bass focus and cross over settings at?

I've played around with the time correction but never really been able to hear a huge amount of difference, which is why i'm posting...

the time correction just focus's the sound at the driver or where ever you wnat it to, but i didn't notice much of a difference with it either.

with your x-over settings you want to set the fronts so that they get none of the actual bass so say about 100Hz and above, the same for the back and get yourself a sub and set the x-over for that to cover the rest so that the speakers are only doing what they are supposed to do :)

i used the MX feature myself as i found it gave a much fuller sound to MP3's etc, think i used setting 2 for that :)

with the bass focus its basically what you like the best.

i had a 9815RB for a while and really really liked it, it sounded awesome i think and with so much control you can get it to sound just how you want to :thumbup:

I have the following:

stock fabia fronts

Infinity's 4002i rears

Kenwood 10" sub with amp

The 9853 can be a real pig to set up if you are not used to graphic equalisers and i am not i would rather the base and treble but for a car audiophile then it is a nice piece of kit. Anyway after three weeks of playing around with it and nearly throwing it out the window on several occasions I have found the following setup good for me but would strongly suggest that you get a sub it really give depth

Using the parametric EQ I have got the following settings:

Band 1 +5

Band 2 +5

Band 3 +4

Band 4 -1

Band 5 -1

Tcorr

FL 0.7

FR 1.5

RL 1.3

RR 0.6

SL and SR 0

Bass +5

CD playback on full MX

However, remember that this is set up for CD playback and you will have to do this for tuner and MP3.

regards wol