TMC Tuning Box - Fabia TSI 1.2 105

Dozzy

Hey All!

I finally received my brand new 13 plate Skoda Fabia 1.2 TSI 105ps yesterday and was wondering whether you guys reckon I should get a tuning box straight away or wait until the new year to "run the car in" first and then think about installing one.

I quite like the idea of being able to take the box out without it leaving a trace, what are your guys thoughts? Also are there any other tuning box's that are better than TMC?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Enjoy your new car.

Your car needs a bit of running in, tyres, suspension, drive train,

listen for noises, get to know the car, let the engine & gearbox get some miles on them, see how the car goes, and what more it needs.

So i suggest you wait, at least a couple of thousand miles,

see there are no Warranty Issues needing dealing with.

Maybe wait till after the winter, where you will benefit for more performance.

Yes you can remove a Tuning Box and hope there is no trace, there should not be.

(If SKODA ask you to fill in a Declaration before any Warranty Work is carried out, saying the Car had No Performance Modifications including having had a Tuning Box fitted, it is up to you what you answer.

Truth or lie and take the risk of paying the full bill)

Say you Breakdown on a Motorway,

call Skoda Assist or a Recovery vehicle then removing a Tuning Box on the hard shoulder is a PITA.

Middle of a Rainy Night, or a snowy road, getting a Tuning box off a new car before the RAC man gets there, PITA, IMHO.

george

PS,

a member here has a box that could be for sale that might be at a good price for you.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

Enjoy your new car.

Your car needs a bit of running in, tyres, suspension, drive train,

listen for noises, get to know the car, let the engine & gearbox get some miles on them, see how the car goes, and what more it needs.

So i suggest you wait, at least a couple of thousand miles,

see there are no Warranty Issues needing dealing with.

Maybe wait till after the winter, where you will benefit for more performance.

Yes you can remove a Tuning Box and hope there is no trace, there should not be.

(If SKODA ask you to fill in a Declaration before any Warranty Work is carried out, saying the Car had No Performance Modifications including having had a Tuning Box fitted, it is up to you what you answer.

Truth or lie and take the risk of paying the full bill)

Say you Breakdown on a Motorway,

call Skoda Assist or a Recovery vehicle then removing a Tuning Box on the hard shoulder is a PITA.

Middle of a Rainy Night, or a snowy road, getting a Tuning box off a new car before the RAC man gets there, PITA, IMHO.

george

PS,

a member here has a box that could be for sale that might be at a good price for you.

Ok thanks for the great answer George! 

Guy at my work has a Octavia VRS remapped and he also advised me to get some miles on the car before i add anything else. 

Yeah i think i have seen the guy who is selling a box, think im gonna wait and see if i get a crimbo bonus before i buy one  :giggle:

Ive had my car in for some warranty work after i installed the box, but i removed it before i left the car at the workshop.

They didnt say anything and i doubt that they can see it.

The TMC unit gives the little 1.2 engine quite a bit more punch :)