2.0 Engine shuts off while driving, start inmediatelly and runs fine.

Turbo_Boss

Hello Guys,

Maybe any of you can help me with this problem.

I also have 2009 Jetta MK4 2.0 Automatic Transmission with 40,000 kms that runs fine, then one day running on the street at 40kms suddenly the engine shut off by itself. Put the car in neutral, start the engine and it start intermediately, then a few minutes later, the same happening and repeated several times like 10 times.

Took the car to the mechanic, he change Fuel Filter, Air Filter, Spark Plugs, Oil Filter, Oil
All factory VW parts. I buy them myself............ This was a month ago.

The car behave without any problem until yesterday night it do the same thing like ten times........... Today the car work perfectly without any problem.:confused:

I dont have any OBD code reader neither my mechanic. I just order on ebay a OBDII Cable to use with VCDS LITE but I will receive that from USA like in 3 weeks.

My problem is that my daughter use the Jetta to go to the university and I dont want she get stuck with the car in the rush hour with this problem.

Maybe one of you guys that have experience this problem can give me an idea of what I need to check or replace. I am a little concern that maybe this can be a case were I will not find any problem code stored in the car computer.:banghead:

Thx for your help

Isaac

Hello

I have read in several forums were people experienced the same problem with there car shutting off while driving and its look like the problem can be the Engine Speed Sensor also called the RPM sensor, G28 AKA Crankshaft Position Sensor part number 06A906433C

The Jetta has been running without any problem since the las shut off while driving it.  I think this week I will receive the OBD Cable to use with VCDS LITE. Hope there is a code stored in the computer.

THX,

Isaac

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Just an update.

VCDS LITE does not report any malfuntion code.

Decided to spend US$60.oo on a new Bosh (Made in China) Crankshaft Position Sensor part number 06A906433C and this has fix the problem. I fitted the new part 2 month ago and this cure the problem :party:

Hope this info help any of you if you experience similar problem.

Regards,

Isaac